Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Banned
00, Impreza RS, Silver-t
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay.

I bought a PP6 ( Perfect Power Six ) piggy-back ECU a while ago from a member here. I've come across a few different wiring diagrams for this thing.

The first one (scaled down because I'm not trying to confuse people):

... was found by other members to be crappy and confusing and incorrect. I agree.

Then I came across this one:

... and was going to use it to wire the PP6 shown above.

Then very quickly I got stumped again.

- How come there are 18-21 different connections shown in the diagram for the PP6, but my PP6 harness only has 12 wires coming out of it?
- Are there really supposed to be two "Ignition in" and "Ignition out" wires on the harness? If so, I don't have any of them (according to the colors on the diagram). There is no yellow wire or a white/red wire, a white wire, or a white/blue wire, so which ones on my harness are the right ones?
- Why do I not have ANY "Pullup" wires?
- I do not have a Brown/Black wire (22) for O2 Sensor signal
- I also do not have a white/black wire for the AMP out
- On top of this, the ECU wires shown (while they do match the designated signal needed by the PP6) do not reflect the accurate color of the wires, which make me wonder who made this diagram and what year Impreza they were using for it.

Anybody able to set me straight? Pictures would definitely help here...
BTW, I'm in Virginia Beach, VA if anyone can show and tell.

· needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
12,639 Posts
Almost looks like whoever had it previously raided it for wires. You need two ignition ins and outs if you want to adjust timing. Don't know if the pp6's do that. Maybe they were only using one igntion input for rpm signal and only using one ignition in to somehow modify the map sensor output.

· Banned
00, Impreza RS, Silver-t
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Really...

All I need to know is:
What pins on the PP6 harness, go to which wires on the ECU?

I need an ECU pinout diagram for the PP6 connections. Without it, I'm trying to work with a bunk harness... I believe.

· Registered
1990 legacy wagon
680 Posts
I suspect you have the "new and improved" PP6 that was done so that it does not fry the ignigtor. I will try to get the wiring diagram from Rallitek tommorrow and post it up.

· Registered
'99 Hybrid RS Coupe
3,598 Posts
I've got a PP6 in my garage that I'm tyring to figure out how to install as well. I can't seem to find any really good wiring diagrams. I'm thinking about selling the PP6 and getting an ispeedusa reflash instead. Just depends on if I can get the PP6 working or not.

· Banned
00, Impreza RS, Silver-t
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hahahah thanks for the help.

I'm beginning to believe that the PP6 is not even a wise decision for a simple piggy-back system. For as much time and effort I will be putting into it, I might as well have just saved some more cash and bought a stand-alone.

Still, if anyone thinks they can help, please try. Until then, I'm gonna save up the difference and plan to get rid of the PP6 as soon as the alternative is within reach.

· Registered
2004 ForesterXT
210 Posts
I have one all wired up in my 02...I'm actually pulling it out this weekend, as it has no map on it and i eventually went with a full tune/reflash. I'll try to snap a couple pics of the wiring before i do.... stay tuned, it was super easy to wire in. i'll also see if i can find the wiring diagram they originally sent me

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.