Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yeah, I know, there are lots of ways to do the Parallel Fuel Rail mod. Well, I did it just a bit different that others, and thought I'd post how I did it. My goal was to keep it as simple as I could, and require the least amount of modification.

so.. here ya go.

Skidds Parallel Fuel Rail Mod

·
Registered
Lifted 2014 Crosstrek
866 Posts
Nice write up, I'm liking the KISS(keep it simple...stupid!) principle for the conversion.

My question; notice any improvement in MPG with the parallel setup? I've always wondered if it did that for an engine..

·
If you say so.
00' 2.5RS Coupe, 70' TLC
702 Posts
Nice write up, I'm liking the KISS(keep it simple...stupid!) principle for the conversion.

My question; notice any improvement in MPG with the parallel setup? I've always wondered if it did that for an engine..

Same question here. What does this improve? Will it use up more fuel or evenly distribute it?

I really like how you don't have to remove the manifold.

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, managed the whole mod without pulling the manifold or the rails. KISS FTW

As for what this improves, I elude to it on that write-up page near the top. And if you search in here and nasioc for info on this type of mod, you'll find heaps of info. But, it should have little affect, if any on fuel consumption. Although I'm using an adjustable FPR and an STi fuel pump, it's set at stock pressure. The IDCs should not change, and thus the amount of fuel used should also not change. Just an FYI, the main reason I did this mod was as a stepping stone to the Foced Induction in my engines future. I want to get as much of the preliminary things done and ready before the big boost!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts