Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
OG GC
OG 01 STM 2.5 RS
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,I've serched through the trouble shooting forum and found some possible answers but nothing deffinate. So my problem is that I've had this CEL for a couple of months but I have not had any problems associated with it (bogging,bad mileage,etc). The light would come on then off after awhile till it just stayed on. So I finally replaced the front O2 sensor with a brand new Bosche and reset the ECU a day ago and drove around 15miles or so when the damn light came back on. Went to Autozone and the same code was pulled:wtf: The connection around the front O2 looks clean and did not seem messed up in anyway. I've read that a bad rear O2 sensor would throw that code aswell, I just dont want to throw money on a new sensor and still have the same problem.

CN Info:
2001 2.5 rs 70k miles
Mods:
Cobb CIA, Apex-i CBE, Rallispec plug wires and NGK plug (recently changed about 6k ago) along with Fuel filter.
Problem:
Replaced Front O2 sensor for the first time and same CEL came back on 15 miles later, WTF. Car does not bog or hesitate, or have bad mileage.:bonk: Help.

·
Registered
RIP 2000 2.5RS, 1999 RS
519 Posts
Well the rear o2 sensor is bound to go bad sometime might aswell change it and see if thats the problem

·
Premium Member
01 rs coupe. BRP
1,558 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. but I havent bothered ot change out my front one yet to see if that's causing the issue. But mine has been on for almost a year and my mileage is fine. but inspection is coming soon so I'll have to get it figured out. If you want to sell the front o2 I may be interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts