Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 168 Posts

·
Low&Slow
1965 VW Bug,2001 drz400 sumo
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well i basically just fell into this car, picked it up from a ex boss. it was his daughters car and was quite neglected basically. had a burnt exhaust valve on cylinder #5 and was a automagic. few things have changed but many more will in the future.

1990 BMW 325i
m20 2.5litre inline 6
168hp/164tq

the day i got it home, kinda ugly isn't it?

Drivetrain:
5spd swap with G260
Custom dual exhaust to a Magnaflow muffler

Exterior:
iS front lip
Smoked front turn signals
Antenna delete

Suspension:
H&R Sport Springs

Interior:
Mtech 1 steering wheel
Factory Sport Seats
Dual IPod/Bluetooth stereo
German Audio Specialties E30 box w/Punch 10" and Memphis amp
E36 window/sunroof switch conversion

Future Plans:
Tunermotorsports C1 wheels in 15x8 and 225/50 Falken 512's
M50 swap with a supercharger eventually
Remus exhaust
M3 CAB's (control arm bushings)
US or Euro Ellipsoids (factory projectors) with HID retrofit

Waiting to be Installed:
nothing : (

and another of just the exhaust sound

most recent picture

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Impreza RS 5MT
2,827 Posts
Honestly, when was the last time you did a diesel swap versus all the other stuff you tend to do.

Several powerplants are available that would drop right in. Sleep on it.

·
Low&Slow
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly, when was the last time you did a diesel swap versus all the other stuff you tend to do.

Several powerplants are available that would drop right in. Sleep on it.
very true, i have thought about it since they did offer a diesel for this year. but then i would have to slap a GT35R on it and go full retard with it.

i was thinking of a SR20 swap or since i have a complete chevy 350 and trans sitting in my garage i could use that and build a track car with it but as it sits now im going to pull the head next weekend to fix the burnt valve then i will also port the head and install a cam with adjustable cam gear.

·
Low&Slow
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well... parts have been ordered and plans have been made so we shall see were it leads

·
Low&Slow
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol for the right price everything is for sale

spent some time on the garage tonight, its amazing. a 2 car garage can now fit 2 cars lol

crappy picture i know but its like 9pm here so yea. the wife's car is inside the garage for now since im about to pull the engine on it and drop in a EJ25D im almost finished rebuilding. then the E30 will go in for its tear down.

·
Low&Slow
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea there are a lot of them around seattle i notice, lots of stock one's but there is a really clean 325iS 4dr thats slammed by my place as well as a 325i 2dr with a cage and sounds awesome

·
Registered
06 wrx wagon
143 Posts
i just realized you are the guy with the gl on ultimate subaru board i keep looking at... not to buy just to drool haha

·
Low&Slow
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what about s50? although since youve already got the 350.. :devil:
ive thought about it more and no v8 swap, no s50 swap. honestly if i do swap it the car will just get a simple m50 and a supercharger down the road.

i just realized you are the guy with the gl on ultimate subaru board i keep looking at... not to buy just to drool haha
yep thats me

·
Low&Slow
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
last track day there were some guys in a stripped e30 325 havin a ton of fun .. meaning, yeah, it aint that bad off as it sits

regardless i really like the pic youve got for inspiration/direction haha.. are there aftermarket companies that make decent M3 fenders/quarters?
that i have yet to really look into for the wide fenders but im sure there is if they make 22b body kits for subaru's.

Good swap choice if you do it
thanks ive been reading a lot on e30tech.com about the m50 swap and it looks extremely easy. so if i end up going with a m50 i will also swap in the zf tranny and convert the car to a 5spd.

but for now the tranny shifts perfect and its surprising how confident the car makes you. i can toss it into corners just like i did with my GF8 i had, but this is a little more tail happy with the LSD

·
Low&Slow
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gave it a good scrubb down today, zep'ed the rims, clay bared, hand waxed and buffed most of the car after scrubbing down all the door jams with a tooth brush and simple green.

also picked up a used cylinder that im going to port/polish and install new valves then swap that onto the engine i have in the car now instead of pulling the one on the engine and having the car down for a days to weeks waiting for machine work.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts