Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, im new to the forced induction scene and after soaking up what i could from reddevil and skidds builds i think im ready to try and throw something together. As of now im gathering parts as needed. I just got my m62 from a 99 slk230, it came with the oem aluminum manifolds so i will try to cut and weld them as needed for a nice transition in and out.

The exaust side manifold of the blower tapers to 2 inch so i will be running that all the way to the throttle body. The inlet is 2.5 inches so ill try to make my stock maf housing work to make tuning a little easier. Ive been reading for months and have no car folks to talk to so hoping to make the best of this.

Now ordering some plate aluminum to build a bracket for the charger. I may cut the hood open and peek the charger out if need be. I am debating on removing the ac and using that side or using the passenger side. If im going passenger side im considering a double power steering pump pulley or removal the power steering all together.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 EZ30 Coupe
494 Posts
I was gonna keep it to myself a little longer, but...

I picked up the same supercharger for my LGT. My plan is to relocate the battery and mount it on that side of the engine. I'm going to attempt to weld a power steering pump pulley onto my alternator pulley for a dedicated supercharger belt. The alt pulley spins much faster than the crank, and the diameter of the PS pulley on top will help spin that little charger fast enough to make some boost.

Take lots of pics and keep us updated!
:projectsti.com:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
May have to looking into having a powersteering pulley or an alternator pulley machined to be double as they are smaller than the crank pulley i just called a quote for. Some pics of the oem intake stuff ill be using, it should flow very well. I have tons of scrap aluminum and a mig for makeshift braketing needs.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts