Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
01 2.5RS White - 4EAT
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But it's a good one! I pulled into a gas station to empty out to secure a few things in the trunk. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the good old LAPD pulling in and parking perpendicular to me. First thing that came to my mind was 'What the fuck did I do now?!' I see the flashlight come on and the officer approaching.

The first words out of his mouth were "Nice Subaru man! How do you like it?" Whoa! That caught me off guard and I was like, "Uhh...I love it!" He goes on and says, "I saw your car parked and I had to check it out close up. This is beautiful! What year is it?" I answered his questions and as we were talking, his partner comes out and was like "What's going on here?" The cool cop says, "Oh nothing. I just had to see check this car out. You don't see them that often. Nothing to worry about"

I think his partner wanted to find some way to bust me. Anyway, me and the cop chat for about 10 minutes about the mods and what not. He dug the car and his partner was itching to give me a ticket (or at least that's what it looked like).

Before I left, he asked me to rev it and since I already had an exhaust ticket, I wasn't afraid of them trying to give me another one. So I revved it up a bit for him and he gave me the thumbs up and a "Drive safely and have a good night." I told him to do the same and thanks.

Now why couldn't more cops be like that?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Cool! It's good to point out the cool ones every now and then too cuz, while many times it seems like they're not enough, they are there :)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
The cop who gave me my last ticket was actually nice to me about it. Now his partner was a dick, luckily he was a dumb-ass-dick, and couldn't find the right code to write me up for to get me for my little additional light mod..:p

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Impreza L Sedan 2.
650 Posts
lethargicman said:
They can give you tickets for having additional lights? Damn, I didn't know that. Cops suck sometimes.

Us----->:boxer:<----cop
I think you can have as many as you want...but can only have 4 forward facing lights lit at one time while driving (i.e. headlights + fogs; or headlights + driving lights).

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
And I know I may be being nitpicky and anal, but please people, don't blame cops. Blame the stupid laws and lawmakers!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Better than what happened to me...

I got pulled over and "detained" because I car matching my description was reported stolen...grrrr
Turns out the car they were looking for was a protege 5....can we say DUUUUHHHHHH.

For those of you who've seen me...do I look like a car theif?!?!?! Fuckin' A!

_M_

1 - 14 of 14 Posts