Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 259 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Naked calipers all set to be powder coated! Rebuilding calipers is actually quite entertaining except for it being 10 degrees out. Also I'm impulsive and started buying some aero guards. ALL THE TRIM IS BEING PAINTED, so everyone can finally chillllll out lmao.

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
The gangs all here! Too bad I'm not aspen white! Project "paint match all the things" is underway. Also got my calipers back all powder coated and stuff but waiting til I can shed some natural light on them before I post them up here! ;)

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Not the best photo but couldn't wait! They look pretty good! Not the same material and surface as the sample picture so the color didn't come out as vibrant. Actually liking it better darker! Just need the lines on the "Subaru" stickers keep my ocd from going out of control!

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
So Christmas came late this year. My boyfriend and I decided to exchange late because typically we go overboard. This year was no exception. I got him an ACT Super Heavy Duty 6 puck clutch for his WRX swapped RS (he's slacking on his journal but yay for him). ANYWAYS, he gave me these today! That means the other half of my present must be JDM V6 control arms. Much excite!

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Rebuild all the brakes! Thought one kit covered one caliper... Apparently it covers the pair. So I have a front and rear rebuild kit fo sale if needed! Also this is what I'll be doing this weekend.

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,661 Posts
I got mine in the other day! :)

I have to repaint my 4 pots though. The boyfriend put on too much clear and they got discolored.

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I got mine in the other day! :)

I have to repaint my 4 pots though. The boyfriend put on too much clear and they got discolored.

Oh no! The suspense is killing me. I wanna see the final product! (I'm sure they will look great when they are finally revealed!)

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
They are rebuilt! This was probably the easiest car related thing I have done. Highly recommend that anyone doing this upgrade take the couple hours and $50 to give your brakes some new life! Thanks @Pat and @marioc1028 for helping in the assembly line (we are a super efficient group).

Now time to get some stainless steal break lines and brackets.... And rotors!

·
Registered
99 BDP RS
1,661 Posts
How are the insides of your caliper pistons? Mine look like poo-poo so I'm not sure how hard I can scrub them down.

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Calipers look awesome!

Thanks! :)

How are the insides of your caliper pistons? Mine look like poo-poo so I'm not sure how hard I can scrub them down.

They were a little rusty. Took a dremel with a small wire brush bit to the insides, just to clear some of the rust, and then just covered the surface with grease. If the rim of the piston is rusty, I would also do the same and just lube it up!

141 - 160 of 259 Posts