81 - 100 of 259 Posts

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410191428.726762.jpg

Oh no! Please send HALP!

So today I was coming up a hill in 2nd and I got cut off at 4500 rpms. I then looked down to see my speedo wasn't working.

My best guess? Well I did a 5MT swap back in March. The speed sensor on the auto went through the TCU. We bypassed the TCU in order to make the speedo work in the manual. I'm thinking this could be a short in the wire?

Does this seem reasonable?! Any other suggestions?? I'm still using the automatic harness!

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
So yesterday afternoon after leaving work, I got rear ended. (When will I catch a break!) Not too much physical damage to the RS though I will need a new bumper and crash beam. The trunk is a little annoying to close now, but hopefully I won't need a new one! The bumper clips actually ripped right through my bondo body work on the passenger rear quarter so maybe I can get the body done the CORRECT way this time.

Passenger rear.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410789767.900720.jpg

Drivers rear.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410789809.039171.jpg

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Appraiser came yesterday. Damages came out to just about $2,700. This includes:

-New bumper + paint
-Crash beam
-Respray on my trunk/wing
-Legitimate body work on my quarters.. NO MORE BONDO OR ROT!!
-Trunk pulling
-Labor labor labor

I guess good things come from some pretty shitty situations. Should take a couple weeks and I will basically have a new rear end! ?

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
3 weeks down and still no car back... Waiting on some paint and should have it back by Monday!

The search for parts continues, though! Extended arm rest and double cup holder freshly painted blaaaaack.

Also made a very cool purchase coming in hopefully by Tuesday! Can't wait!

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Big update.

So many cool things happening this week!

Car came back from the body shop Tuesday (10/28). Little front end update from my boyfriend as a belated anniversary present. Corny I know! ;) Also Version 5 wing got professionally painted (because rattle cans suck)!

Lot of haters on the GD style scoop on GCs but I'm digging it!

Yesterday (10/31) I picked up this.. EJ257 with spun bearing and a few goodies. I KNOW IT'S UPSIDE DOWN! I'm waiting on a stand so I can start pulling it apart and rebuilding it! Got some other **** on it's way for this already..

Put in work today (11/1)! Bumper came off so the spats could be put back on (I actually have REAL METAL QUARTERS now so they bumper was put back on correctly) and to get a better look at the work. Sorry in advanced for overkill on the pictures but I can't get over how brand new it looks!

Driver's side.

Passenger's side.

+Bumper and spats!

Also threw on the mirrors!

81 - 100 of 259 Posts