Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

241 - 259 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
FUCK YEAH... about time!! and as for tires ive been told not to do slicks till you have lotta experience..... im told they hide mistakes... hope I can join you out there one of these times!

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #242
FUCK YEAH... about time!! and as for tires ive been told not to do slicks till you have lotta experience..... im told they hide mistakes... hope I can join you out there one of these times!

I wanna do Palmer and Thompson by the end of the summer! I’ll find out when they are! Happy you’ll be trying some tarmac stuff!

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
Thank you Ian for allowing a test fit. Sold on 245’s with some suspension adjustments!

Track day bro! Another set for another blue car!

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Eeeeek! Thrilled about yet another steering wheel! Just need a hub and QD, but will probably wait to install when I do my STi rack (thanks Ian for another bright idea)!

Also, wing is back! I was getting so sad looking at it all bare!

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Updates!

Worksbell QD and hub. How could I resist the Prodrive edition? Should be a quickie install once the Miata is out of my garage!

Raised up about 3/4” to eliminate some rub. Sorry stancenation!

A few shots from Track Night @ Thompson! Wicked fun! And hail Satan, the RE71Rs were my saving grace!

·
Registered
2001 Impreza L
730 Posts
Deets on wheel size, offset, and tire size? Alignment specs?

Looking to go up from 17x7.5 and 225/45/17 myself, but don't know what it would take to get a wider set up on there. I'm rolled on all 4 corners and have coils.

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Deets on wheel size, offset, and tire size? Alignment specs?

Looking to go up from 17x7.5 and 225/45/17 myself, but don't know what it would take to get a wider set up on there. I'm rolled on all 4 corners and have coils.

Running a 17x8 +45 with a 245/40! I’m rolled only on the front and they fit!

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
SCCA NER autox from this past weekend. Not sure that there were any action shots. And couldn’t get a photo with the Pat in it!

Not so sure how many more events I’ll make it to this year. A hardtop was found for the MX5, so plans for rallyx are a go!

Hopefully I have the opportunity of get this Prodrive wheel/hub/QD in before the end of the week and maybe I can make (at least) one more track day!

·
Premium Member
MY00 BRP GC6
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Really digging this setup. DBA 4000s which I’ve coveted for some time. The coolest thing (I think) about them is the little color change paint indicators when you exceed a certain temperature. Not that it holds much use for my application, but nerd points for sure. And since the addition of Hawk pads to my daily, I carried that through here with Hawk HP+ pads. Holy shit, talk about bite. Lock ‘em up at speed, yikes! A learning curve for sure. Thank goodness there’s another autox I can make prior to Wicked Bro Meat so I don’t totally embarrass myself.

241 - 259 of 259 Posts