Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a brand new 4 channel amp that i'm looking to mount in my trunk, the ? is where to put it? if anyone has suggestions or even pics of amp mountings I could look at to get an idea i'd appreciate it. Thanks.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Well, here's how I mounted mine. The amp is bolted throught the carpet directly to the particle board stuff over the spare, and the amp box is also mounted to the board with L brackets. Can be a little inconvienient when you need to put stuff in there, as the stuff isn't easy to move out, but it's never come loose during a rally-x or spirited driving, and it will also be a little harder for someone to steal. Might not stop them, but might slow them down enough that they could get caught.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
The back of the back seat or under the passenger seat is the least conspicuous. I plan on hanging mine upside down from underneath the package tray between the speaker holes.

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
I removed the rear seat, added a second bar across the back which was measured the same distance as the bolt holes on the amp in relation to the existing bar behind the seat, then mounted the amp using carriage bolts. Very cool looking IMO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts