Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
General pain in the ass
98 Superu Impreza 2.5 rs...
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i looked on all the cars that have c/f trunks, and it just makes the car look stupid. regardless of the car color it c/f trunk does not fit, makes the back stand out in some weird ugly way.

Do people even get it for looks, or to shave off a couple of pounds??

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
To me, if the CF trunk lid is stronger than the Aluminum and lighter then i would get it and paint it according to the body color. I guess i would get it for performance as in shaving off pounds...

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FuJi K said:
"Autocrossers always make good road racers, but road racers do not always make good autocrossers."
T.C. Kline
taking this completely off subject, what inspired that quote :) ?
i only ask cause people used to bash me for road racing, till i went autocrossing once. (i just wanted to see if it was true)

·
Registered
MY99 GF4 EJ227 JDM 6spd
5,262 Posts
RotarFreak said:

taking this completely off subject, what inspired that quote :) ?
i only ask cause people used to bash me for road racing, till i went autocrossing once. (i just wanted to see if it was true)
as seen at http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/
T.C. Kline, a well-known driver and car builder with over 20 years of autocrossing and road racing (both club and pro) experience, shared the following with us when asked about Solo II. He made three statements that sum up his beliefs about it; the first one was, "Autocrossing stands on its own as a viable form of racing _ it doesn’t need to exist as an entry-level sport that leads to something else." His second statement was an astute observation based on his years of involvement with a variety of racing venues. He said, "Autocrossers always make good road racers, but road racers do not always make good autocrossers." This statement was supported by the third concept he shared, which was, "I consider Solo to be, arguably, the best place to learn car control."
I just took it because it does seem very true. So to you, was it true?:nuetron:

·
General pain in the ass
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FuJi K said:

as seen at http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/

I just took it because it does seem very true. So to you, was it true?:nuetron:
for the most part. I just like the fact that he used MOST instead of ALL. I do agree that most road racers only know how to drive in a straight line, and i do think that autocross is the best SAFEST place to learn to control your car, but then again, i know some people who'd without much trying hand an experienced autocrosser his ass on a silver platter. 1st time i got 32nd overall out of 350 ppl, and 2nd time i got 8th out of 300ppl. My friend on a GSX went once, got 9th place. I have not gone since cause i've...broken my car.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i think if i had a CF trunk or hood, i would paint it to match body color. i think painted CF looks sexy as hell! not only the trunk, but i think sometimes the CF hood kinda looks weird.

jz

·
Registered
613 Posts
i have a black car and i like my c f hood. i would paint it to match on any other color. i also live in the middle of cultural car nowhere so nobody and i mean nobody notices. i also think the trunk in c f is a bit much. obtw did you see that the sunroof panel is now available in c f ? more "a bit much". :)

·
Registered
my00 2.5 rs white
330 Posts
well it depend how much priority you place in Weight Reduction... I want a CF trunk eventually... after i sell enough drugs to get the cash needed

oh and i would like to say that CF should always be painted unless you have a black car

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
oh and i would like to say that CF should always be painted unless you have a black car
i'm not the only one that like CF painted.

jz

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here's an idea

I think that it would look pretty neat if you painted the trunk and had SUBARU or a big Star Cluster in C/F. If you had a white car it would stand out more. Of course people would say that your C/F stickers look rice. :mad: :rolleyes: Then you can go off on them and say “Look here you dumbass mother fucker it’s real freaking C/F you ignorant fuck!” :curse: That’s when they will say, “That’s neat, but I wouldn’t do that to my car.” :rolleyes: Did I ask or do I care if you do or not!:mad:

Sorry…had to blow off some steam. I would still think it would look cool and original in the Subaru world at least. God knows if it looks like something other than a rally car its rice. Dumbass wannabe’s!:mad:

mike...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts