Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crazy:
On the newer WRX commercial with the silver WRX, where the guy says "this is my favorite part" and turns down the radio, I swear the exhaust on that car looks aftermarket! It looks like a large single tip, possibly a canister muffler, rather than the two tips that I'm used to seeing on the WRX. Either the WRX has a new exhaust for 2003, or I'm seeing things! Can anybody help? :crazy:

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
It's probably the optional STi muffler you can order from the dealer, I believe that is a large single tip.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
yea, i noticed that too. maybe it's a JDM STi :lol:

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Maybe the optional BBS wheels? I'm pretty sure they say that the car shown features optional equipment, or something to that effect. Why use the stock "base" version in a commercial when you can show the more expensive one? I'm betting everything on that car is optional, and available (for too much money) from your friendly local Subaru dealership.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I never thought that it might be optional equipment; I guess I just assumed it was all stock. I drove by the local dealership today, and they had a 2003 WRX out front(I know because it was school bus yellow instead of pale yellow) and it had the exhaust I'm used to seeing-the one with two small tips. I really thought the one on the commercial looked like a canister-type, though, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm not too sure what it looks like for the new-age Impreza if it's different. I didn't notice the wheels, but I'll look at that the next time I see it. Maybe I'll have to record the commercial so I can play it over and over until I know for sure!:burnout:

·
Registered
2006 BP5 Satin White
93 Posts
BBS wheels and STi muffler, you can get both from the dealer for way too much money. I think $3k for the wheels and $800 for the muffler.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
subyfanatic said:
BBS wheels and STi muffler, you can get both from the dealer for way too much money. I think $3k for the wheels and $800 for the muffler.
well worth it! haha!!! j/k. i will never pay 3k for the BBS wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts