Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am at "Linen and Things" buying Christmas presents. At the check out there is a long line. They open up a new register and the casher points at me and says "I can help you here sir". So I go up the checker, cool, front of the line. As he is checking my shit an old woman at the counter next to me says in a bitchy voice "You know, there were people in line ahead of you. I say " Oh sorry, the guy told me to come here." She replies "Well you need to be more considerate or others young man." That shouldnt have pissed me off, but it did. I fire back "Why dont you mind your own fucking business" and look at her like FUCK YOU. Her jaw droped, the casher started to crack up. I got my change and left. It felt really good then, but now I feel kind of bad. So thats my story, am I an asshole?

·
Premium Member
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
No, you're not an asshole.

The cashier was an asshole. I hate asshole cashiers like that - he or she should have said "I'll take the next person in line over here." Not taking the last person in line first.

Granted it's great when you are last in line, but otherwise it's plain not right. However, that person who opened their mouth should have kept it shut, and deserved the lesson. :D

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Impreza L Sedan 2.
650 Posts
You're my hero Mr. Fireman. I think you were in the right...you were just doing what the cashier asked you to do...ppl who don't have all the info and butt in should be told to shut the fuck up.

Word.™

-Milan

·
Registered
548 Posts
I bet if it wasn't the holidays, that lady wouldn't of said anything. People get mean in the stores, like everyone should be served first. I hated working retail during this time. You try to help and get people service, just to see their ugly side.

Sometimes, I don't mind if the new cashier takes a person behind me...sometimes I hate being the next in line and trying to get around people that want my spot in the current line.

You were following the instruction of the cashier. If she had a beef about it, then take it up with the cashier person. Yhey have more control over who they serve, and not another paying customer. :curse:

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
I probably would have said what you said, and feel guily afterward.
But when she said somthing like that to a stranger (you) she should expect to hear anything in return.

All I want to know is: You buy Sheets and Towels for xmas presents?
"I know you wanted that train set billy, but here is a nice set of pillowcases" :roflmao:

"youth and skill will never be a match for old age and treachery"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Quick WRX said:
So thats my story, am I an asshole?
If you ever feel like a jerk just ask yourself, “would J have done that?” and if the answer is yes, hell yes, probably, or he did you are in no way shape of form an asshole. I most defiantly would have told that old lady to shut here wrinkly little pie hole. Stupid old lady, when are they going to learn it’s a losing battle with the youth of America? We have no shame and nothing is sacred.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts