Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
01 stm sedan w/v4 sugar
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Impreza for about 2 years now, and the fool that had it before me put altezza's on, along with some universal Tsubo exhaust that I still need to get rid of. For some reason it's taken me this long to fix the tail light issue. I'm certain the car was saved from becoming a Civic from South-Central LA.

I went with USDM lights because I don't think the JDM ones look very good with stm... there isn't enough contrast for me with the white lens and silver paint. To change things up a bit I got a 10% smoked turn signal kit from Rock Blocker because they are subtly different. To be honest, I was disappointed with the quality of the fit. I had to trim a lot just to get a straight line. It probably would have worked out better for me to have gotten a sheet and made my own templates.

Sorry for the crap pics... it's hard for me to get a close-to-life image of silver.
Here's a comparison pic, RB on top, OEM on bottom:

Before:

After:

I'm wanting to go wingless ASAP.

And a pic of the front just because... I want to get a C-West grill and bugeye lip soon.

Thanks to kaptainkevlar for the lights!

·
Registered
01 stm sedan w/v4 sugar
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's the Super Kustom JDM-land v.6 Type R grill.

J/k. I found some old Subaru grills at a junkyard... I think it's from a mid-80's Brat or something. I cut out the plastic pieces in the OEM grill, then cut that one to fit. I really like the old logo with the stars connected to form the constellation.

·
Registered
GC8 STi, Mini, Lexus
543 Posts
excellent job. I saw a car like that around my house in Japan that looked really sweet. The only thing he had that you dont were black, unpainted rear bumper strakes and side skirt strakes. They looked really good in contrast with everything.

I think his car is a v4. He had the goldies on there too. Shoot, I'll just get a pic for ya :)

·
06 Wrangler Unlimited
4,613 Posts
So... what are you doing with the altezza's? There are many options... some including fire, others a sledge hammer.

·
Registered
01 stm sedan w/v4 sugar
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ArcArsenal said:
excellent job. I saw a car like that around my house in Japan that looked really sweet. The only thing he had that you dont were black, unpainted rear bumper strakes and side skirt strakes. They looked really good in contrast with everything.

I think his car is a v4. He had the goldies on there too. Shoot, I'll just get a pic for ya :)
I'd like to see a pic if you can get one. Thanks man.

aegean93l said:
So... what are you doing with the altezza's? There are many options... some including fire, others a sledge hammer.
Yeah I'm not sure yet. I'd love to say I could sell them, but, uh... that's just not gonna happen.

·
OG GC
OG 01 STM 2.5 RS
1,506 Posts
The car looks alot better with out altezzas.Also good job on the smoke turns, def brings down the amber. But I think the JDM tails look good on any color, even STM :)

·
IG: @RHD_Adventures
2005 Legacy GT Wagon 5 Speed
1,834 Posts
Hey I have altezza's on my Impreza jerk! But ya, would you want to donate those altezza's you have to me? I'll pay shipping, lol.

Looks good though!

EDIT: DOh forgot you're in the Springs... in that case. Let's me and I'll take them, haha.

·
Registered
689 Posts
[W]hite[R]abbit[X] said:
Altezza's only look good on the toyota altezza.

Ummm altezzas dont even look good on altezzas. Korean you seriously have them on your GC? Im gonna start a fund raiser and we will buy you jdm tails and ill sneak into your garage at night and put them on your car. (After smashing the altezzas of course) I have family in the springs im making it happen. :sunny:

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
ATIC... said:
J/k. I found some old Subaru grills at a junkyard...
I've got about a half a dozen of those at home. I made some into X-mas ornaments, they're sick.

Kost, that is a freakin sweet bat. Do they sell those at Wally World??

·
Registered
99 Aspen White Coupe
443 Posts
Hmmm... I really need to do that too. And if it gets to be two years for me, someone come slap me.

Car looks much better now!

·
Registered
01 stm sedan w/v4 sugar
3,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All right sorry, but I was able to snap some better color shots so you can see what the 10% smoked film looks like. I'll stop posting pics now... and thanks for the compliments!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts