Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

161 - 180 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
1998, RS, Rally Blue 2.0 EJ20K
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
Got the turbo mounted with all the lines hooked up. Downpipe and EWG are also mounted. Not much more to go. Inlet requires me to remove the intake manifold in order to properly install it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Not quite sure how i'm going to fix this issue with out relocating the power steering. Looks like a custom inlet/induction hose will be needed.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
so lots to do today
1. This had to be cut off

2. The inlet had to also have the mount cut off

3. Intake had to be removed and I had to re route some of the breather lines that I wasn't using any how so it was easy to take those out of the picture

4. The intake needed to be modded and this stand off had to be removed so the bypass line for the bypass valve could actually slip onto the intake

5. Had to relocate this hardline

6. Finally I was able to push the intake on and attach the bypass line. The only thing left is to bolt the intake manifold down and connect all the lines back up.

I'm sure there are a few things I'm missing here in order to get this to work. I'm still not in the clear as there are a few more things to do and who knows what else will pop up.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
(Repost for my journal entry)
Still working on hooking up all the vac lines but the phenolic 8mm spacers did the trick.
Also the newer style powersteering pump needed to be added

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Got everything put together and the car fired up right away.

However discovered a leaking fuel line (pin hole leak) Happned i'm guessing when I modded the intake manifold
New rails on order .. Found a set of sti ej20k rails and I also have a set of 22e rails laying around that might also work fine.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Car is back together and now i'm rethinking the build. Going to slowly use this new block I acquired while I finish off the looks of the vehicle.

Hello closed deck ej20g with the piston oil squirters

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
well .. leaky fuel line needed to be replaced. Decided to go after market rails, fpr, and built my own stainless lines.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
MSD Coil pack was installed last night.

Here is the proper wiring for a ej20k - pay attention to the orientation of the clips. There is another diagram out there that is incorrect and just wanted to post this up

ej20k, msd coil pack

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Also went mafless last night - Note you must have ESL installed to do this mod.

Iat installed on the intake pipe 2 wire standard gm IAT
1k ohm resistor that is jumped between the ground and signal wire on the maf wires (you can do this by the foot well or just on the harness in the engine bay)
5v power line off the throttle body to IAT and the second wire to the signal wire of the maf.
Make a few changes in the ESL software (refer to the manual for the configuration)
Set ESL from maf base load to - MAFless/baseload - make sure to adjust your iat injection settings.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #178 (Edited)
Well time to upgrade that block I got.

Ej20g sti RA closed deck stroked to 2.14
Manley H tuff beams
Manley forged pistons for stroked motor 92.5mm bore
crankshaft heat treated 2004 sti 79mm
arp 625 head studs
arp 625 rod bolts
arp main bolts
king bearings

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,280 Posts
Those look very cool, and you can buy aluminum adapters to run 48mm injectors as well so I don't think you have to stay with 60mm injectors.

161 - 180 of 453 Posts