Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

141 - 160 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
1998, RS, Rally Blue 2.0 EJ20K
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
whole car is almost ready to go to the body shop to get rust taken care of and paint of course.

Car runs amazing! We clocked it around 97mph at an 1/8th mile. Still need a slip to confirm all this but I feel the car could pull a 12. But like all lip service i will probably end up with a 13 lol

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #145

Just scored a ej257 06 sti block with a spun bearing. Guy says the walls pistons and rods are fine. Going to build this engine up :) Hybrid here I come.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Been awhile since my last update. Picked up some 04 sti hubs/spindles/trailing arms. This was cheaper than buying the brackets. Got some stocker rotors for the time being. I know in the picture we didn' t hook up the brembo lines but it was getting late. I will need to upgrade my endlinks to work with the new trailing arms. I think the car is going to squat in the rear a bit more.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
upgraded to jdm r180, jdm axles, 04 sti hubs, 04 sti trailing arms, brembos front and rear, new endlinks, and got the first ride of the season.

Pics to come tomorrow

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
R180

New endlinks

dusty impreza after sitting in the garage all winter. Brembos on and everything working even the parking break is super nice.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
yeah I was eyeballing it but it looks worse than it is. Its just one of the few joys of cars in wisconsin. I tapped on all of it to make sure it was all solid. It checked out. But yes if I have to i will look into replacing it in a couple years as the car is now stored in a garage all winter.
Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
99 22B replica
1,312 Posts
I like this thread. Never been to Wisconsin but Im no stranger to winter. Nice work on the car, I've got a hybrid type engine setup as well. Among other things.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
picked up a new phase 1 to phase 2 injector kit as the one from deutschworks started to leak cause a super rich situation. Went with the fiveomotorsports kit and I can't say enough about the quality difference. Its properly machined so you don't have to use oversized orings that can tear when you torque down the retaining screws...

Now i'm upgraded from 480cc to 850cc - scaled the injectors on my ESL equipped ecu

Pic here to see the difference.
silver = deutschworks
black = five o (uses all stock orings)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
installed a holy shift kit, adjusted the clutch pedal and return spring, new wheel bearing and a professional tune!! :) Can't wait to track the car soon

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
Upgraded my EBCS to grimmspeed. Had to use the jdm connector. Was a pretty simple modification

Tapped my turbo so I had a vac line off the turbo.

Time to install all the other components and start the boost around 10psi starting.

141 - 160 of 453 Posts