Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

121 - 140 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
1998 2.5rs Black
36 Posts
Awesome build! I am hoping to perform the same swap on my 98 rs very soon. I am having a hard time finding a USDM engine so I might go the JDM route. How are you going to get the 20K to pass emissions and how did you wire up the avcs? Those are the two things holding me back from going JDM.

·
Registered
1998, RS, Rally Blue 2.0 EJ20K
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
I had iwire do all my wiring.

As far as emissions. I live in an area that doesn't require me to pass emissions so no cats on this car. 3 inch turbo back!

·
Registered
1998 2.5rs Black
36 Posts
I had iwire do all my wiring.

As far as emissions. I live in an area that doesn't require me to pass emissions so no cats on this car. 3 inch turbo back![/QUOTE ]
I live in Illinois where they arnt extremely strict about emissions however they still require them to be done on a 98. They just plug in a scanner to the obd2 port so if I used a jdm ecu I wouldnt be able to do that. Are you using the jdm or usdm ecu?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
jdm ecu, they couldn't hook up to my obd2 as mine uses ssm connection which I can't find on my harness.

If you have emission issues you might be stuck with finding a usdm engine. I would look for a ej207.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Installed a 2004 sti steering wheel. I wish the center was black not gray. Oh well can't complain too much it was free. Now I need to wire up the airbag and the horn.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #128

Mounted up the turn signals and fog covers. My fog lights are not making sense to me with the brackets that came with them. Not very obvious how they bolt up or they are not meant for this bumper.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
I should really just install the FMIC I have laying around. Would really fill that bumper in and be more efficient than the sti one.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
EJ20k Headgaskets. Anything special or just pick up any ej20 gasket kit? Going to need a new set of gaskets when I build up this franken motor.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #139 (Edited)
upgraded to 850cc injectors and fmic is now installed. Pictures coming soon.

Going to be interesting on how to control all this fuel now :)

edit: this is a stock ej20k fyi with the esl modded daughter board. running 17psi(4 months now always 93octane) and now going for 20psi (this is the engine everyone thinks goes kaboom)

121 - 140 of 453 Posts