Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

201 - 220 of 453 Posts

·
Registered
1998, RS, Rally Blue 2.0 EJ20K
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #204

would have been completed tonight if I didn' need some fabrication done to my intake pipe.

Here is hoping tomorrow holds a video of this beast running. (crossin my fingahs)

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Right now i'm debating the upper coolant reservoir. I do have the tools to pressurize the system to bleed it but i'm getting conflicting results on my searches about removing that upper reservoir. I will need a new radiator if I have to keep it. Right now I have a line that comes directly off the water pump to the turbo and I feel this would be ideal but people say air pockets could be an issue but as I said I could easily have those removed.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
another set back.. Timing issues on driver's side. Compression tests show 50 psi on both cylinders on the drivers side. Passenger side is 135psi and 137.5 psi. Leak down test passed on both. Found my brand new tensioner has failed.

Not sure what is going on here or how to fix it with out adjustable cam gears. I have heard getting a belt with 1 or 2 less teeth. I have also heard larger idlers. Just a bit frustrating.

Edit before people scream bent valves. Nothing is busted we looked for that. We have a timing issue and its how to get it back into proper timing. Car should rip once we figure this part out.

201 - 220 of 453 Posts