Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I bought my 96' Impreza Awd wagon 2.2L about a year ago.This is my 6th car since i turned 16 and probably the most reliable. It is my daily driver. currently has 163k on the clock and running fairly well.Previous owner hit something on the front right end and did a real hack job fixing it. (IE:using wood screws to hold on passenger side of front bumper.) Have been having a problem with rust spots popping up here and there guess you can't expect much from a 12 year old north eastern car. i plan on someday doing a motor/tranny swap.

Current Mod List:
- 97-01 L hood
- Ver. 6 Front bumper w/ lightweight beam
- Ver. 5/6 sti grill
- Depo black headlights and corners
- Black housing turn signals and side markers
- Sti Catback exhaust
- 02-03 Wrx Front&Rear seats
- 02-03 Wrx struts and springs
- Front and Rear Strut Bar
- Clarion headunit w/ipod
- 1100 watt amp with 4 alpine door speakers
- 2600 watt amp with 2 10" alpine type R in a sealed box
- removed roof rack center section
- Class I trailer Hitch

Mods to be installed:
Borla/Borla Replica Uel Headers

Future mod's:
- louder horn
- better interior
- newer engine and transmission. Turbo?
- Paint It : Nissan Midnight Purple (LP2)?

Things that need to be fixed:
- A/c system leak.
- Straighten frame
- Rear wiper

Attachments

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
The start:

Installed my 97-01 L hood. Still waiting for my left headlight to be shipped to me since i recieved two right side blacked out headlights. and have a v5 sti grill to be installed also.
Notice my passenger side pushed in from the previous owner :|

· 4 please, to go.
Ver 7 STi GC, elderly L
4,680 Posts
Sup man, I saw you at ECS the other day. Sick looking car. Looking forward to this member journal, should see some awesome progress. Get that STi grille on there!

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hoping to get my grill and headlights installed sometime this week. still searching for a jdm sti bumper will most likely get my frame straightened the same time i get the bumper. might end up looking like a primer monster for a little bit :p

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks guys hoping to have the front end done(frame straightened and everything) by the end of august but we will see how things turn out.

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just finished up installing my 97-01 blacked out headlights and corners with my ver. 5 sti grill w/ rabbit badge. Ordered ver. 6 front bumper and jdm beam from subie dealer today expecting everything friday. Also ordered black turn signals and side markers to complete the theme.

Some pics:

In this photo you can really tell how far my front end is off. Hopefully its not to expensive to get the frame straightened and everything lined up correctly.

· Registered
'95 1.8 L wagon
49 Posts
cool. i love seeing wagons come together with new front ends. cant wait to see the final product.

coincidentally, my wagon was hit in the same exact spot on the front bumper (by previous owner) but doesnt look as dented as yours. still a great excuse for me to get a new front bumper, and a grill/hood while i'm at it...

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
grille looks awesome man. Love the emblem.
Thanks can't wait to see the whole front end done. Hardest thing to find is the mesh fog covers that match the body line.

cool. i love seeing wagons come together with new front ends. cant wait to see the final product.

coincidentally, my wagon was hit in the same exact spot on the front bumper (by previous owner) but doesnt look as dented as yours. still a great excuse for me to get a new front bumper, and a grill/hood while i'm at it...
yea i have no idea what he hit but he used wood screws to hold the pass. side of the bumper to the fender. :wtf: the bumper skin and beam brand new from the dealer where 314 after tax here. cheaper then subarugenuineparts after shipping. got all the part numbers from here > http://www.northursalia.com/

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got some new goodies over the weekend. Picked up a set of 03 wrx front seats and got my ver. 6 front bumper and beam from my local subie dealer today.

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
nice, dind't know dealer sold lightweight beams. try using trailer straps to pull your front end. worked for me. just use a tree to help you
I know someone with a frame puller so I'm going to see if i can get him to do it for cheap and get it done the right way.

· Registered
99' L-WRX wagon
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Been a while have a couple updates.. Installed a 02-03 WRX wagon rear seat to match my fronts, mesh fog covers, Black turn signals and side markers. Also removed my door trim.

Here's a picture of the car i took today.

I also picked up a set of UEL headers not sure if they are borla or replica

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.