Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was perfect.

A good friend of mine and myself went to our other friends house to see what he was up to. We got there and the radio was on and the lights were on but the door was locked. We went around back and went in through the rear door but he wasn;t there. His truck was though (in his driveway). We figured that he went out with his girlfriend to get some stuff for the house pretty quick (It was 7:30pm).

we opened the garage and had an awesome idea so took action. He climbed under his truck and disconnected the shifter linkage (It was an auto) to get the truck into neutral and we pushed it into the garage and put the linkage back together. Obviously the plan was we would leave and he would come home and go "Holy crap! My truck was stolen!" then 1 of 2 things would happen. 1) he would find it in the garage after a couple minutes of sulking or 2) (the funnier one) he would report it stolen, THEN find it in his garage. He would probably forget to report that he found it. Then, he would get pulled over some day and get hassled by the cops for a while because his truck was reported stolen and he was found driving it.

Either ending would be funny but I'll be damned if he didn;t come home right as we were closing the garage door and leaving! What a bummer. And that's the kind of prank you can't do over again to the same person. :(

What do you think?

Eric

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
oh man that woulda been the BEST!! too bad he came home, what did he say??

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He just kinda laughed. That's what I love about my friends, they have a sense of humor and don't get mad at a good prank because they know they would have done it to another one of us also. :)

Eric

·
Registered
22 Posts
now now how do we disconnect this said linkage dilly doohicke?:confused:

·
Registered
2001 STM Sedan
455 Posts
certain vehicles still use mechnical linkages that are removed bya cotter pin and you can then turn the transmission linkage from park to neutral...HAHA!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hndatch627 said:
certain vehicles still use mechnical linkages that are removed bya cotter pin and you can then turn the transmission linkage from park to neutral...HAHA!!
Bingo. It's really easy. Just practice first. :)

Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts