Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Impreza 2.5rs
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well My car is having a moment right now and its killing me. Problem is the car is starting but then a second later dying. I have been getting the P0130 code (A/F Sensor), but it never stays on. Cures itself! Could a A/F sensor make my car stop running? I figured that the car would go into a limp mode before it would stop running. Another strange mystery is that when I read the car for codes nothing shows up. I have even trying unpluging my MAF to get it to throw a code to see if the ECU is doing anything, but even when I do that nothing shows up. My car is a 99 RS 5mt.

·
Registered
sold it to Susie the Subie
3,233 Posts
i don't have any real knowledge to spit in your direction in regards to your issue, but if it
is giving you an A/F sensor issue, I wouldn't hesitate to switch it out asap. That
is something you don't want to NOT have. Car could start running rich or lean and in all
random ways. Not sure if that's why your car won't turn on tho. Hopefully you find out whats
wrong soon.

·
Registered
1999 Impreza 2.5rs
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had MAF problems before so i'm gonna use my buddies from his car to see if I can get my car to start. If that works than i'll know my issue. I'll probably still get a new A/F sensor anyways because my gas has sucked lately and I have thrown a P0130 code, but it turns its self off for some reason.

Thanks.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts
Or just unplug yours and if it doesn't shut off you'll have a good clue. It will idle fine without the maf plugged in

·
Registered
1999 Impreza 2.5rs
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I found the problem why my car would not start. It was the MAF sensor again. This is the second time I have had to change this! What's the deal? My intake is stock nothing modified. Any clue? My car still seems to be running a little rough. I have two new cel codes p0135 & p0130. What a nightmare any recommendations on these codes, or should I just break down and buy the parts.

Thanks everyone for the help so far!

·
Registered
Silver 05 LGT, Red 98 Trans AM
174 Posts
Make sure the MAF is not getting knocked around or shaken in ways that it shouldn't. They are very fragile and my MAF broke on my old L when it got knocked around when the intake pipe came lose.
Mike

·
Registered
1999 Impreza 2.5rs
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am using a K&N air filter, but its behind the MAF. The front filter is just paper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts