Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
01 rs coupe. BRP
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I currently have a set of group n sti front a arm mounts that have not been put on yet but I've been contemplating an ALK (anti lift kit) but not sure the .5 degree of caster change is worth the 200. do the ALK's do any thing more then change caster and is the caster worth the charge?

·
Registered
1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 rs-t
890 Posts
i bought the group n because of the price at the time. i have yet to install it but i havent heard anything bad about them.

·
Premium Member
01 rs coupe. BRP
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I have a feeling I'm going to end up installing them and if they dont seem to do anythign buying some alk's

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS BRP Coupe
1,772 Posts
I have both but I have not installed Group N's yet. I'll update when I swap over.

·
Premium Member
01 rs coupe. BRP
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol well that doesn't do me to much good now cause I was going to sell me group n's and by alk's but so far there hasn't been any intrest in them. But at the same rate if they achieve more or les the same thing of preventing lift there is no real need to go to alk's if all alk's do si change caster.

·
project blackbird.
'01 RS, '81 Fiat Spider
3,396 Posts
Caster is a big deal, though. Adding more static positive caster means improving negative camber under cornering without creating more wear on the inside of your tires. There's a reason ALK's will bump you up in class--they favorably change suspension geometry, rather than just being stiffer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts