Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I was told that in a recent FastTrack, Howard Duncan announced that the ALK is illegal in Street Mod. :curse: Has anyone else heard this? I have done some searching but I can't find reference to it anywhere.

I hope this is not true, I don't even have my stock brackets anymore.

If it is true, I am thinking about getting my machinist to cut some delrin offset bushings for the stock bracket if anyone is interested in this.

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Yes, they are right unfortunately. Even though the original intent of the rules was to allow for this type of thing, it was shot down by the majority(?) who thought it would lead to a major slippery slope as far as rule interpretation. I'm as bummed as you, because there are many other things you can do to get the same effect....if you buy different parts.....

I wish the original intent was still true whereby the holes left in the chassis by the original suspension was the only holes you could use to attatch anything that festered in your mind.

If I were you, I would make the ALK look like the stock shit and run. I highly doubt you'd be protested for that.....even in Topeka.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts