Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1999 RSTi, 1999 GC8
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the support so far, another few updates.

Moore Performance called and said my downpipe was built and being shipped to Swaintech for the White Lightning coating, really excited about the downpipe as it truly separates the exhaust from the wastegate flow and turns the internal wastegate into basically an external dump so that should sound interesting.

And my Racecomp Engineering Tarmac 2 coilovers and GrpN strut mounts arrived as well!

Pics to follow as usual

·
Registered
1999 RSTi, 1999 GC8
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
And I don't think I really uploaded some of the pics of the swap parts either so here ya go

·
Registered
1999 RSTi, 1999 GC8
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
And I just realized that I usually fail at taking pictures of my parts when they arrive, so this is an example of the TSSFAB trans crossmember that I got, but mine is coated black

·
Registered
1999 RSTi, 1999 GC8
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I've made some progress on the RSTi, i have the front subframe powder coated and ready to be re-installed, the Racecomp Tarmac 2 are installed and all corners have been converted to 2005 STi components.

2015 STi rack was a hassle but it's in finally with the correct track width for the GC (using 2.5rs inner tie rods)

Engine and transmission still need to be dropped into the car but the RSTi is nearing completion.

The Version 6 STi I cant recall if i posted that the original EJ207 ended up letting go (at least the shortblock)

·
Premium Member
White Lwag
1,103 Posts
Sweet, glad to hear your still moving forward. Looking forward to seeing more updates.

·
Registered
1999 RSTi, 1999 GC8
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Man i need one of them engine plates for the engine stand, it be easier to pull out and install pistons with the opening for the wrist pins.
Sorry to get back so late, totally missed this comment.

Yes that plate is a godsend!

·
Registered
1999 RSTi, 1999 GC8
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Sweet, glad to hear your still moving forward. Looking forward to seeing more updates.
Yes so..... I still need to install my Haltech Elite 2500 ECU, ended up getting their all-in-one CAN gauge to monitor everything going on.

It can display ANYTHING that the ecu is capable of reading.

This is for the GC8

Aaaaaand for the RSTi, like I've said i got the track width for the 2015 sti steering rack finally sorted.

I have the 2005 STi aluminum control arms installed with the Whiteline Bump steer correction kit, and whiteline roll center correction kit in place.

I have the Anti-lift kit ready to install as well

·
Registered
1999 RSTi, 1999 GC8
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Also planning on building the heads in the Version 6

The shortblock is the Darton sleeved motor, Manley turbo tuff I-Beam rods, Manley 9.5:1 compression stroker pistons (92mm still), STI 79mm crank

For now the heads are stock but I'm debating between:
Kelford 199-C or 199-E (whichever is the 274/268 duration)

GSC S2 272/272

Or

Roger Clark cams whichever is 274 or whatnot

·
Registered
1999 RSTi, 1999 GC8
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Decided to get the Roger Clark 278/274 cams when it's time to upgrade the heads.

Also planning on looking for a Forester XT either 04/05 or 2008 XT Sports with the intention of 6spd swapping it, getting DCCD running, and doing a little 2" lift

Also considering if I don't get the XT to make use of the SOHC heads on a Forester X or XS and put a built EJ25 in between, as the SOHC heads flow quite well and TWE makes some cams for forced induction 😈

No real progress on the coupe in my garage, I did get the TSSFab front subframe powder coated though.

COVID kinda hit me as i was furloughed from my job, but just very recently was hired back to our local Subaru dealership but as a Tech now and not within the sales side of things. So now all my tools are moved into the dealership and my time is very much taken up with work now.

I'll likely have to buy another set of tools to continue work on the coupe in my garage.

And on another note, I purchased a bunch of stuff to put on the coupe but had to rob myself of those parts and use them on the Version 6 when the motor let go

Those being:
-Exedy Hyper Twin disc organic clutch
-Roger Clark High-Grip Timing Kit
-OEM STi intercooler elbow coupler (the red one, verrrrrry expensive to order again $393)

Probably won't buy another Exedy Twin (OEM should work fine, or o have a lightly used Southbend Stg2 Endurance that came out of the Ver6)

But probably will buy another RCM High-grip timing kit.

Looked at the "spend analytics" on my credit card and the figure that has been spent on automotive is staggering, makes me question my decisions at times 🤣

·
Registered
1999 RSTi, 1999 GC8
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
Man i need one of them engine plates for the engine stand, it be easier to pull out and install pistons with the opening for the wrist pins.
Also, again totally getting back to you late, and my other reply completely glazed over the fact that Outfront Motorsports makes those plates in case you didn't know, so very easy to pick some up.

Can't recall the exact price of them but i believe they were reasonable.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts