Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS RBP
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My previous car that I used for a DD was a 2013 Subaru BRZ. Even though the BRZ was a great car, I felt it was lacking in a lot of areas and decided to sell it. I was looking at getting a Porsche Cayman S, but it was a tad out of my price range. For those who don't know, I've been autocrossing my 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS for about 6 years now(My first car when I was 17 and I still own it). The RS is currently in good status. I've got about $1,100 saved up towards its new paint job. So...instead of selling the 2.5RS and BRZ for a Cayman S, I found an amazing deal on a 2000 Porsche Carrera 911 996. I don't think I could have found a better deal and seller. I'm very pleased with the car and purchase and have a good friendship with the previous owner.

A little bit about the 911 though, it is currently at 93k miles, but was well maintained and garaged kept by the previous owner and PCA member. I'm the third owner and the lady(60 year old lady who is an extreme Porsche enthusiast) who I bought it from had it for 9 years. All of the major services has been completed, including IMS bearing at 75k miles. The car drives fantastic and the exterior and interior are practically flawless. Pictures don't do the paint job justice since it's a black car though. I've autocrossed the car once just to get a feel for it and this car is insane. It's fast. Very fast. And not to mention the handling is far superior to any car I've owned before! I don't have too many mods done to it. So far I've done the following:

- H&R Wheel Spacers - 7mm Front, 15mm Rear
- Fabspeed Muffler Bypass Exhaust
- Race Inc. RS-903 18'' Porsche Rims

I haven't really had any problems with the car in the 6 months I've owned it. I think the only thing that went bad was the passenger window regulator which I replaced myself. Other then that, no problems! I've even driven to VIR for the Porsche Club and saw the previous owner there! She was thrilled to see it again...especially parked next to her Mexico Blue 991 Carrera S!

Current Photos:

Earlier Photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS RBP
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sub'd. i think i like the black OE wheels a little better.
I like them, and honestly, they look pretty good in person, but for me it's too much black. I think on any other color 911, they would look even better. But the wheels I've got on now do look a lot better in person as well, trust me!!

So about two weeks ago, this happened. The perks of owning a Porsche...

No other cars were damaged...so I am guessing that someone is feeling a little jealous. It's a car and it can be repaired, but it's very frustrating knowing that there are people who do there types of things. I did get the car repaired under insurance and just got it back last week. Setting up a security camera around the garage to make sure if it happens again, I can at least have an idea whom it may be.

So the inspiration of the car is coming from the 1048 Style 996.

Tom Ichiraku, who is the international director for RWB(RAUH-Welt Begriff), is the owner and designer of this kit. The kit is also know as the JT MODE kit, which is a simpler/cleaner version and also features the ducktail spoiler which I prefer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts