Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just heard this from a friend, has anyone heard about this?

Hey how's everyone doing? I heard a horrible little fact today and I'm trying to get it verified and expressly defined to see how screwed we are all. Nationwide insurance and probably many others have changed their policies to say that fun Rallies and any timed car event would be excluded from all coverages. Before it was defined as any speed contest was excluded but they SCCA and TSD's were ok because they were "fun club events". I know it was always a fine line and people always just say they were in a parking lot to avoid the issue but now it could become a real issue. State Farm who i work for appears not to have the exclusion yet, but i'm sure it's coming. I actually have Nationwide and my dad is an agent, so he called me to tell me to get different insurance so i'd be covered. I'll let you know what i find out. Thought this might provoke some good discussion. I guess i'm looking for opinions from people who have auto-x'd a while and know a good way around it.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hmmm...I remember reading that in the past the SCCA has defended its members against insurance companies because Solo II falls into the same category as a driving school (which IS covered by insurance).

Honestly, as an avid autocrosser I can say I see TONS more accidents on the street than at autocross. Mostly because people who are autocrossing are actually paying attention to what they are doing!

Now as for TSD rallies not being covered, that's just ridiculous. TSD Rallies (at least that I've been too) have you driving several MPH *SLOWER* than the max posted speed limit. You could take a school bus and win a TSD rally with it... :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts