Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to replace my current outdated alarm (circa 1998) with a viper 5000 and everything is pretty straight forward except the door lock wires. can anyone tell me what wires to use on my alarm?

1998 OBS
viper 5000

wiring guide for door locks on alarm

vehicle wiring for door locks

Door Lock Blue/Green (-) Driver's Kick Panel
Door Unlock Yellow/Red (-) Driver's Kick Panel

Attachments

· Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured it out.

green/black goes to the lock wire

blue/black goes to the unlock wire

violet and violet/black both get grounded.

· Registered
99 Forester & RS
1,424 Posts
I don't mean to hi jack this thread but I got a question about alarm installation also. I just dont want to make new thread and ask a similar question. I hope its alright for you.

My question is where is the parking lights or signals lights wire. My car is 95L. my alarm have + and - to hook up the lights. I found left and right turn signals. Once i got hook up, its flash so quickly. so im just wondering. anyone can help wit it.

· Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you don't wire it to the blinkers, you wire it to the parking lights. pull the plastic cover off the steering column and find the harness coming from the ignition switch. splice into the Red/Green wire in the Ignition Switch Harness.

· Registered
5 Posts
viper alarm problem

hey guys i was jsut wondering if anyone can tell me whats going on with my viper alarm.. it was working all sweet then i had a new stereo installed got the car back and alarm wont arm.. i know take it back to the stooges that put in the stereo but on my viper remote display there are 3 zigzag lines extending from behind the boot and it keeps vibrating and beeping at me.. i dont have the book for the alarm as i bought the car second hand with the alarm already installed. if anyone could tell me what the symbol on the remote means it would be much appreciated..
cheers

· Premium Member
98 OBS, Black/Grey
3,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hey guys i was jsut wondering if anyone can tell me whats going on with my viper alarm.. it was working all sweet then i had a new stereo installed got the car back and alarm wont arm.. i know take it back to the stooges that put in the stereo but on my viper remote display there are 3 zigzag lines extending from behind the boot and it keeps vibrating and beeping at me.. i dont have the book for the alarm as i bought the car second hand with the alarm already installed. if anyone could tell me what the symbol on the remote means it would be much appreciated..
cheers

What model is the alarm?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.