Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It all started off with a white 1992 civic hatchback cx and this picture

trial's try R impreza. that thing was so awesome. when the civic blew a head gasket i spent most of my time looking for a way to get a b16 into it for as little cash as possible, and it just wasnt happening. everyone said to just rebuild it or sell it.

i sold it.

April/May 2001 i went to the closest Subaru dealer with my mom looking for the car i wanted. a 2.5RS preferably a 4 door in STM or Aspen white. walking to the front door my mom pointed at the wagons and said "thats not what you're buying is it?" i laughed and said no. walked towards a black 2.5rs and said i want this, but in silver or white. all they had was a black one with an auto transmission. BLAST!

looking in irvine subaru's inventory i see white 4 dr has leather, dont really care what it has as long as its white or silver.

then i checked the other subaru dealer in san diego. they have ONE 2.5RS. its white. its 2001. it has leather. everything the irvine car had except its missing two doors, but i didnt care. 4dr would have been nice but i couldnt pass up this car. last one on the lot. it was meant to be!. May 15th 2001 i brought her home.

i bought this car thinking i was going to do a "22b motor swap" but being broke wasnt helping anything.

First Mod:
Bomex Lip/Wing

most people probably recognize my car right off the bat from this mod alone. purchased used off a member of i-club before the big split.

after a while i got tired of the stock wheels and gunmetal bit me..
BuddyClub P1 wheels

i rolled around like this forever! refused to buy springs because i didnt consider them a suspension mod at the time. i wanted nothing but coilovers.

Attachments

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turbo Kit INSTALLED!

March 3, 2004
plenty of time has passed since i had done anythning to this car. eventually i sold the buddy club wheels. rode on the stock 6 spokes and had purchased the turbo kit from a member in tx and my Trust exhaust from japan. it has been sitting in my room FOREVER. turbokit+linkplus.

installed at the ORIGINAL Garage Tuning. kevins ACTUAL garage. all in one day we...
had a clutch custom made inhouse by clutchnet.
took a trip to 2 diff speedshops in oc to pick up parts for a friend.
installed/semi tuned a turbo kit and link plus ecu.

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clear Phase

March 2004
ahh the clear phase...everything must be clear! its the impreza way!

its soo clean! clear. jdm just wasnt clear enough. clear bumper signals. clear side markers. it all had to be clear!

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
EJ20 Installed and this scoop eats birds

November 2004
Kevin at GT had performed his first swap on his own car, but he wont count that if you ask him. he'll tell you i was the first swap. 2002 wrx engine wired into my car yet again in Kevin's garage. i tried helping with the wiring after work one time, but after kevins explanation of how the wiring book in my lap worked, he grabbed it back and i did something else with a wrench.

matt would be turning over in his grave if he were dead about the white balance in this pic.

Milsport sti scoop.

Milsport.co.uk made the scoop. i purchased it from someone in the states. many people hated this mod. i liked it. so did some others. however i did end up selling it to fund an aluminum hood and eventually a frontmount.

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
new wheels and new foglights

March 2006
after rolling around on stock wheels FOREVER the bronze bug bit me.

5zigen Fn01rc!
these wheels were the softest pieces of shit i had ever driven with on any car. i hit a small pot hole and the wheel bent. hit another pothole and the wheel cracked.

Everyone wants to see in the fog right even with black eyes?

Hella 500 foglights with yellow rockblocker were picked up for those late night mtn runs. they did actually help fill in the spots that the headlights didnt light up.

Headlight Mod- this was probably one of my favorite mods. it makes me look at my car a little more often. it just looks so mad. like its pissed.

Amber Corners - not having any option of a matching corner light that i liked (ie not super clear black ones) i decided i wanted to do the amber corners. after many coats of krylon stained glass orange and about 5 minutes in the oven these babies were AMBER!

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i love gooooooooold!

Prodrive P1 wheels in gold.
:drool: after staying away from the wayyyyy overdone combo of gold on white i surrendered and bought these wheels after the 5zigens cracked. and man...i will never go back!

·
Registered
MY99 OBS
1,690 Posts
^^what happened to the clear?!?! Dang OG from back in the day!

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
JDM 6mt TRANSFORM!

April 2007
it is time! with the stock 5 speed leaking, i found an excuse to get a jdm v8 drivetrain.

with the new hubs being 5x114 i needed new EVERYTHING.
new wheels. Prodrive GC06h
new suspension. BC racing type BR
new brakes. Brembo
new look.
so while the car was down i took the sideskirts off and the JDM v6 lip i bought from matt and took them to get painted, so that my car wouldnt just look like my car when i was done with all of this work.

i cannot stop looking at this car now.

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stoptech BBK! Goto hell wheel spacers!

after driving around with 15mm wheel spacers on my front wheels. i had hit 1 too many bumps and heard the tire hit my fender 1 too many times. i purchased stoptechs and chucked the spacers.

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
currently this car hasn't changed much since the stoptechs. i have been hording parts for some free time to install. and will update when they are installed.

·
Registered
'06 LGT
8,334 Posts
One of my favorites on this site....

Keep up the awesome work!

·
GC8 FTW
7,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha thanks guys. Hopefully there will be more to add to this soon. I figured I was long overdue for one of these journals

1 - 20 of 140 Posts