Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
00 AW RS coupe
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok then... any ideas on why I would be running so rich? the back story is that the car has been sitting for 2 years without being driven. I just purchased it a couple weeks ago. I put fresh gas in it, and according to the previous owner it has new plugs/wires PCV Valve, and clutch. I had to replace the axels and a couple of grounds, along with all the rubber hoses, which are now silicon. So maybe fouled plugs from bad/old gas, or oil? restricted airflow? I dont even know where to start.

· Registered
2001 Subaru Outback, EJ253
540 Posts
If you have not been reading this properly, then you would know that this car does not need a MAF, it needs a MAP sensor, which needs to be checked out before anything else, I just can't remember exactly where it is, I think it's right before the throttle body.

The next things you need to check are the O2 sensors those are before and after the catalytic converters. Checking your plugs to see if they are good might be a good idea as well. Also check if your Check Engine Light (or CEL) is on, if it is you need to get the codes pulled to see what your problems are.

· Registered
00 AW RS coupe
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, for what ever reason, the guy who owned this before me did alot of custom wiring, and by custom, I mean shitty. So the cable that runs from the ECU into the dash that you plug a scan tool into, isn't there. So far it seems before I can get into making power, I now have to go through and make sure it just runs properly. It will be worth it in the long run.

· Registered
98 Posts
wow sounds like my car

*high-five for morons & wiring*

he actually moved the coil pack (so only 2 of the wires I bought reach one side) and drilled a hold in the middle of the intake manifold and plopped my MAP sensor in there.

I have actually discovered the other day that it was out and hanging over the side of the manifold...how it happened exactly I dunno, but he really shoulda bolted it down or something...now I gotta buy sealant.

I'm on the path of replacing all the common sensors (both O2, Knock sensor to name a few), as well as replacing the entire manifold.

My IAC (Idle Air Control) valve/sensor whatever it is, isn't even connected to anything, so I Idle like crap.

The guy I bought it off of did his own swap w/ a JDM ej25d, had no clue what he was doing, so he sold the car. Of course I had no idea of the vastness of its issues at the time.

Have you checked to see if he might of swapped it? He could of done the same thing.

Now we can be mysterious adventure buddies!

I may be under an influence, so I apologize for ranting.
:banana:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.