Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Evo X GSR, 07 Civic Si
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2000 RS with stock steering wheel and airbag. so a few months ago my airbag light came on and the horn stopped working.

i ordered an allegedly low mileage clock spring from a member on this board a few months ago but didn't put it in until just now.

well, the light is still on and the horn still doesnt work. my install:

disconnected battery, pumped brake pedal a few times, waited for about 10 minutes, then took the old clock spring out, put the new one in, made sure all the plugs are tight and secure (that's what she said), then put connected the battery.

any ideas? bad clock spring? ****?

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,223 Posts
IIRC, the dealership will have to clear the code after the system is repaired.

·
Registered
Evo X GSR, 07 Civic Si
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well somebody on nasioc informed me of a 6pin connector under the driver dash..? but he's not sure if GCs have this as he has a GD

in any event i'll give this thing a look tomorrow. this 6pin connector is supposed to gimme the airbag light code so i know WTF the damn light is staying on for.

oh and taking out the LED isn't an option as i want to have functional airbagz :(

·
Registered
536 Posts
Not sure if your airbag has it, but on the connector you plug it together and then press the green button thing on the connector. It's a double lock. Airbag light will stay on if you don't make both connections.

Horn could be broken, try hooking it up directly to the battery.

-Cybin

·
AYVI Motorsports
White 98 Impreza/06WRX
440 Posts
I just did the same thing my horn was not workign and airbag light was on. Yesterday I changed the clockspring and though that would fix the problem for sure, I had to crimp the connections since the front part of the harness was cut. Light is still on and horn doesn't work. I occurred to me the light may not go off untill I reset the ECU but that doesn't explain why my horn is still broken... I let you know if I figure anything out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts