Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
turbocharged mayhem
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My air bag light is on in my 99 l wagon. It used to come on then i would restart the car and it would go off. Now it stays on all the time.

Anybody have any ideas on what the problem could be? I checked the airbag connection in the steering wheel and it looked alright to me.

Some things that might be a factor. I was rear ended last winter, there was no damage, my bumper cover only got a scratch.

My dad was thinking maybe a ground wire rotted off.

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
i know there is one under the drivers seat. well there was one on my old 2000 legacygt.

what does the fuse look like? dirty connections maybe

·
WTF WAS THAT?!?
'05 Legacy GT, '09 Forester X
4,433 Posts
does your horn work? it could be the roll connector.

·
needs more cowbell
95L, 07 2.5i, R6
9,316 Posts

·
turbocharged mayhem
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked my fuses and they all look alright. I didnt see any wires for the air bag under my seat. I'll look to change my clock spring next.

·
RWD
01 Lexus IS300 Black Onyx
507 Posts
BEST SOLUTION is to actually bring it to a reputable shop and have a diagnosis check. have them figure out what the problem. most likely you would pay 1 hr of labor but you know exactly whats wrong. instead of r and r'ing the wrong part.

·
Registered
95 GC 371hp/355tq ej25 1.5xtr
4,494 Posts
BEST SOLUTION is to actually bring it to a reputable shop and have a diagnosis check. have them figure out what the problem. most likely you would pay 1 hr of labor but you know exactly whats wrong. instead of r and r'ing the wrong part.
+1. and if you screw something up with the air bags... i bet its big money, not work the risk IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts