Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
RIP 2000 2.5RS, 1999 RS
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cruise control has not been working since i got the car, but the light on the button turned on when I pushed it, I see that the vacuum hose is disconnected from the CC actuator, I reconnect it, now when I push the button for Cruise Control the light won't turn on, what the FUCK!

·
Registered
RIP 2000 2.5RS, 1999 RS
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm saying, before the button turned on but it wouldn't activate the cruise control, it wasn't activating because the vacuum hose wasn't connected. Once I connected the hose, the light wouldn't turn on anymore

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
I'm saying, before the button turned on but it wouldn't activate the cruise control, it wasn't activating because the vacuum hose wasn't connected. Once I connected the hose, the light wouldn't turn on anymore
cruise control is for sissies ;)

hahaha

sorry

·
Meany Head
2000 RSC
10,236 Posts
So, if you disconnect the vacuum hose, does the light work again? I would be surprised. The bulb that lights up your switch might have died. I've had to replace mine before. The dealer sells them.. not cheap though.

As for why the CC doesn't work... that I can't help you with. There are way too many variables that can affect it. The "set" lever could be broken, the CC vacuum canister could leak, the CC throttle cable could be busted... the list goes on.

·
Registered
RIP 2000 2.5RS, 1999 RS
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the light worked when the vacuum hose was disconnected lol then i reconnected it and the light went poof didnt work no more lol

·
Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
2,960 Posts
haha I agree, but I can never have anything in my car broken, I always have to fix it or it stays in my head and bothers me lol
take it out!....remove the switch....all the lines.,...everything...then its no longer "broken"...it's "weight reduction"....hell then you can get rid of the AC and you'll have a race car:burnout::color:

lol

·
Registered
'01 BRP Impreza GC8
191 Posts
My cruise control has not been working since i got the car, but the light on the button turned on when I pushed it, I see that the vacuum hose is disconnected from the CC actuator, I reconnect it, now when I push the button for Cruise Control the light won't turn on, what the FUCK!
Just had this same exact problem.
Reconnected the hose and then the light did not come on....
Still no cruise control, and ive checked the buttons on the clutch and break, actuator hose anything missing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.