Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a problem with the set of agx i have ..

i was planning to go with the setup of kyb agx struts with prodrive p1 springs but when i brought it to the shop it appears that the struts seems taller than the konis i have on right now which are dead shocks (thats y i'm switching them). is this normal? the mechanic said that if i do get these install my ride would be all up in the air and bouncy. so i'm not sure if i got the right parts or not .. but i confirm with kyb that these are the right parts( model # 734006, 734007, 734010, 734011) .. i got mad confuse with it so i'm just trying to find some answers here.

·
Premium Member
2001, Outback Sport
304 Posts
if your Konis are dead, they would appear to be shorter than the KYB's as they have no charge in them.

·
Registered
2.5RS Rally Car
2,066 Posts
Are just the shafts taller or are the spring perches taller? As long as the perches are in the right place you should be fine... the shaft of the strut will not be holding you car up, that's the springs' job.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok i took another look at it last night and the springs seems too short to compress on the front struts but the rear struts seems okay. is it okay to mount it on car without it being compress.. i spoke to the place where i got it from and they sed that the body will compress it when i put it on. but i thought thats kinda weird so any answers for me here ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but wouldnt that be bad when if its not compress down b4 mounting them on..?? i mean like after a rebound, wouldnt the springs set loose and lose its placement?

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5rs Silv
1,436 Posts
You don't really need to compress them when putting the top hats on, the springs are pretty short so you can just do it by hand. Tighten the top bolt until the rod starts spinning. Mount it to the car, get everything tight and tighten the top bolt AFTER you ahve lowered the car and there is load on the suspension.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay i put them on and i notice the rear is lower than the front... is that normal? i have 224/45/17 tires that is scraping in the rear. i was wondering if my tires are too big?

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
R U running a wagon? That would be butt drag if you are as P1's are NOT wagon specific springs (wagon springs are a bit taller and stiffer for the heavier ass end of a wagon). You can lift the back end by going with these if it's a sedan or a wagon!

Shane is the bomb and he sends you candy with your order ~ "Hey kid, ya some free candy?" :rolleyes:

·
Don't go changin
00' RS
7,795 Posts
okay i put them on and i notice the rear is lower than the front... is that normal? i have 224/45/17 tires that is scraping in the rear. i was wondering if my tires are too big?
Rolling your fenders or getting camber bolts are inexpensive fixes. Camber bolts have been known to slip though, that could be scary. Some 225s are wider than others. I had 225 ZRis and got 225 ECSTA SPTS thinking they might be a bit thinner (the ZRis are wider than most 225s so I didn't think 225s could get any bigger!), but they weren't.

As for the difference in height between front and back, I have P1s on Koni Yellows and there is a 2 finger gap in the front and like a half finger gap in the back. So if your gaps are about this, you are normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts