Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

2821 - 2840 of 2845 Posts

·
Registered
99 verion 5 sti. not converted
97 Posts
Heres my 99 sti. Wheel specs are 18x8.5 +53

P.s. dont mind the front fitment, I didnt have time to camber the front in before I left for h2oi. Rear is -3.5 camber and I'm still on my factory sti struts.

·
Registered
99 Impreza 2.5rs, White Coupe
10 Posts
XXR 527 17x9.75 et 25 with 275/40/17.

What kit is that? Im installing a launsport 22b kit and am trying to figure out offset for it. That looks wider than 22b spec. This looks basically exactly how i want my car to look lol. V6 front bumper jdm rear with valances. Im only goin 17x9 tho. Planning on running 255/40 or 245/45

·
Banned
2 Posts
Hello guys. I am a new owner of RS 25, and I plan to change my stock tires to a new set of tires. When I checked 4WheelOnline, they offered different brands like Nitto tires, Falken, BF Goodrich, and more. What do you think is the perfect tires for my car? Any recommendation will do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Shot in the dark here after reading the most recent 100 pages of this thread and seeing everything from "rubs like crazy" to "plenty of room." This forum is pretty well asleep, buttttt....

I have an 01 RSTi, Feal 441 Coilovers, Camber plates & alum control arms up front, Stock top hats in the rear. Fenders rolled with a mild pull. Currently running 17X7.5+45 with 215/45R17 RE071's.

I think, based on my measurements that I can stuff a 17X8.5+45 (+12.7mm inboard and outboard of current setup) with a 235 or 245 series tire under there and clear. My only real concern is clearance to coilover collar in the rear which is hard to get a great measurement of. I may be too close to the rear fender with the mild pull, but I know I can pull the hubs in a tad and correct my camber with some plates, lateral links and camber bolts. But these things cost money.

My only question is, do I need to drop to a lower offset to clear the coilovers without adding links/plates/bolts in the rear? I want to stay away from an 8" wheel for contact patch and profile reasons. This is a street car and predictability is paramount (ie no ballooned or stretched sidewalls.)

·
Registered
1998 WRX
44 Posts
Shot in the dark here after reading the most recent 100 pages of this thread and seeing everything from "rubs like crazy" to "plenty of room." This forum is pretty well asleep, buttttt....

I have an 01 RSTi, Feal 441 Coilovers, Camber plates & alum control arms up front, Stock top hats in the rear. Fenders rolled with a mild pull. Currently running 17X7.5+45 with 215/45R17 RE071's.

I think, based on my measurements that I can stuff a 17X8.5+45 (+12.7mm inboard and outboard of current setup) with a 235 or 245 series tire under there and clear. My only real concern is clearance to coilover collar in the rear which is hard to get a great measurement of. I may be too close to the rear fender with the mild pull, but I know I can pull the hubs in a tad and correct my camber with some plates, lateral links and camber bolts. But these things cost money.

My only question is, do I need to drop to a lower offset to clear the coilovers without adding links/plates/bolts in the rear? I want to stay away from an 8" wheel for contact patch and profile reasons. This is a street car and predictability is paramount (ie no ballooned or stretched sidewalls.)
Short answer you'll need less offset (then you will rub on the guard's)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Short answer you'll need less offset (then you will rub on the guard's)
Does the long answer include how much less? At the top of this page there is a car allegedly runnning 18X8.5 +53 on stock struts. I cant wrap my head around how that is achieved given the width of the stock spring perch.

I have somewhere over 12mm of clearance from the rim to the collar on the rear coilovers. I can slide a 12mm dowel between them, however the angles are a bit funny and its hard to tell exactly how much extra room there is.

If I run an 18, it raises the rim lip up and will certainly clear the collar, and given the strut angles inward should yeild more rim clearance. I would prefer to run 17's though. I know it is down to a mm here or there....

·
Registered
1998 WRX
44 Posts
Does the long answer include how much less? At the top of this page there is a car allegedly runnning 18X8.5 +53 on stock struts. I cant wrap my head around how that is achieved given the width of the stock spring perch.

I have somewhere over 12mm of clearance from the rim to the collar on the rear coilovers. I can slide a 12mm dowel between them, however the angles are a bit funny and its hard to tell exactly how much extra room there is.

If I run an 18, it raises the rim lip up and will certainly clear the collar, and given the strut angles inward should yeild more rim clearance. I would prefer to run 17's though. I know it is down to a mm here or there....
Yeah it's going to be tight whatever you do - on mine I had to remove the helper spring off my coilovers + camber bolts and plates to get clearance (49 offset 8&1/2" with 255/40/17's)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah it's going to be tight whatever you do - on mine I had to remove the helper spring off my coilovers + camber bolts and plates to get clearance (49 offset 8&1/2" with 255/40/17's)
Thanks a ton for the info! How aggressive is the pull on your rear fenders? Do you happen to have a picture of the rears?

2821 - 2840 of 2845 Posts