Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a hood scoop for my '95 L. I don't have the money to get a new hood, headlights, and grill, so I'll be mounting one on my stock hood. I'm looking for recommendations for anything that looks good and costs under $100. It doesn't have to be a Subaru scoop, but I want something that will fit nicely. Any suggestions? Thanks!:)

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'd also like some opinions on the one I've been considering; I'm not sure how well it will work because of the way it's designed though. It looks to me like it dips down before it opens for the scoop part. I emailed the company and they told me that it can be used to draw in air instead of venting. It can be found here, down the page a little bit:

http://www.carbontrix.com/

:)

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone?

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
kastleskorner.com carries STI sized fiberglass and carbon scoops, but they're not under 100 bucks. :(

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw those and considered one, but I don't want to go with anything that's too high profile, especially since my hood doesn't have the recessed mounting points like the RS hood for the scoop to mount to nicely; it'll basically be sitting on top of the hood.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I kind of figured it would look a little silly with a standard RS scoop on it. I didn't really see anything that caught my eye on that link, though. Did you check out the scoop that www.carbontrix.com has? I kind of liked that one because it resembles the RS scoop, but I'm just not sure how well it would work to pull air in.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts