Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2000, 2.5 RS sedan, blue
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i searched this and didnt find much.
im going to go standalone with a bigger turbo
are there any benefits or negatives to either of the two ecu's?

anyone who is runnning these on their 2.0 swap cars please let me know what you think.

also recommendatons on a 20G turbo...

· Premium Member
2002 2.5 RS-T
3,814 Posts
hi i searched this and didnt find much.
im going to go standalone with a bigger turbo
are there any benefits or negatives to either of the two ecu's?

anyone who is runnning these on their 2.0 swap cars please let me know what you think.

also recommendatons on a 20G turbo...

i have the hydra and love it.....phil is an awesome guy and always willing to help out.....I do think AEM EMS is a more powerful ecu though, but i dont have any first hand experience with it so what do i know.

what i can say is the hydra is very very easy to setup and get the car running.

i know brydon uses the AEM in his fairy mobile (cause its teal :mamoru:)...so hopefully he'll chime in....

as for the turbo.....mhi 20gs are cheap...im pretty happy with my mhi 18G until it sucked something in and destroyed the compressor wheel :run:

· Registered
1998 Forester on Orange 57F
4,414 Posts
Hey, I love the teal! Anyway Hydra is plug and play for older cars which is a huge deal. AEM is only plug and play for the 2002+ WRX and 2004+ STI.

Both will do the same thing in the end. AEM has more features and is easy to use but most people don't use those features. Who's tuning it? What do they perfer? that's about all you need to know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.