Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

So I'm in the market for a new car. If I do get one, I'll probably lease an 08 Impreza 2.5i (w/ premium package). As long as I can afford the payments *crosses fingers,* and I can sell my car for a good price, I'm gonna go for it. My question is, what do you guys think I should be able to get for my car?
It's a 99 STM RS coupe with 93,xxx miles on it. No mods, but it does have a Pioneer head unit w/ iPod interface. The car is in great condition. The only problem with it is that it's AT. Ok, obviously this is not a Classifieds ad, but I was hoping to get opinions. If my best bet is to just put up a feeler ad, then I'll certainly do that.

Also, does anyone have any serious concerns about the 08 Impreza (aside from it being ugly, I KNOW)? And no, I cannot afford a WRX or STi.

Thanks, and if this is the wrong forum, Mods please move it!! Thank you!!

·
Registered
00RS & 02WRX
1,439 Posts
i sold a auto b4.they are hard to sell it.99% of ppl want the 5speed.but you sould sell for kbb price without any problems..

·
Registered
06' Leg Spec B - No more RS :(
403 Posts
Keep the RS do some suspension, swap it and get new front and back seats and then take it to a detailing place. maybe change the bumper to an L cuz it will still look better than an 08, And BAM a brand new car

·
Registered
158 Posts
a 99 auto rs with 93k run around 6-7grand
I think thats a bit high but good starting price. If you want to get what your rs is worth your going to have to wait a long time. I've had 50-60 inquires for a month until i finally found a serous buyer willing to pay me what my car was worth.

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
I think thats a bit high but good starting price. If you want to get what your rs is worth your going to have to wait a long time. I've had 50-60 inquires for a month until i finally found a serous buyer willing to pay me what my car was worth.
That is a high inquiry.

I would say between 4-6k, and 6 being on the high side.

Also, daly8, wait and get a 09 WRX GT.

·
Premium Member
95 L-STi
433 Posts
I've heard the WRX GT isn't as great as its being hyped up to be...no one seems to like that its a 5mt and not a 6mt...

·
Premium Member
'98 RSTI, '14 XV Hybrid
2,955 Posts
the 09 WRX GT is going to be a Automatic only.

"A new GT model has been added to the lineup as well. The car features a 224hp (167kW) version of the 2.5L turbocharged boxer engine and comes standard with a 4-speed automatic transmission."

Basically its jsut the old 08 WRX but supposed to be priced between the 2.5i and thw WRX.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Why lease instead of buy? I leased my RS, then bought it, and it was one of the worst purchasing decisions I've ever made. Not the car, love it and still have it, but making payments for over 7 years sucked, and that was paying it off early.

the 09 WRX GT is going to be a Automatic only.

"A new GT model has been added to the lineup as well. The car features a 224hp (167kW) version of the 2.5L turbocharged boxer engine and comes standard with a 4-speed automatic transmission."

Basically its jsut the old 08 WRX but supposed to be priced between the 2.5i and thw WRX.
Are you sure it will ONLY come as an auto? All the above says is that it comes standard with an auto, but that doesn't mean that a manual isn't going to be optional.

·
Registered
Silver 2000 2.5 RS
53 Posts
For what your going to pay for a lease just put a little cash down and buy a WRX. Your loan payments compared to the lease will probably be close. Plus you will own a car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts