Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 1998 2.5RS phase 1....Im planning on buying a turbo engine and doing and build up...full standalone Haltech with Racepak gauge

what you think about this? its a JDM 1998 EJ205

·
Registered
Lego Wagon
1,610 Posts
Not a bad motor. But I would as many people on here suggest going with a US swap and harness. Everything you have listed will work but at the end of the day you will spend less or the same amount on the US swap.

Last I checked haltechs dont do anything about knock so add a J+S to the list.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
much better off just getting yourself an STi 2.5 turbo motor and putting that in. Won't break a sweat hitting your power goals

that, and not all Haltech's are plug and play for the older EJ engines
Yeah I know the Haltech is not plug play...

What Im thinking is buying this firts..and then later source an Ej257 block and swap all other parts (heads, intakem etc..)

The problem here is finding an complete EJ255/Ej257 is very difficult...

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
If PR has emissions tests you will have to consider that too.

You also need someone that knows how to properly tune the Haltech.

Next up is you need the complete wiring harness for that motor, and its an auto so maybe keep looking until you find one that comes with a manual transmission too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If PR has emissions tests you will have to consider that too.

You also need someone that knows how to properly tune the Haltech.

Next up is you need the complete wiring harness for that motor, and its an auto so maybe keep looking until you find one that comes with a manual transmission too.
The tune is not a problem..

And the harness...Im planning to do a full standalone So I dont need the harness...And for the emissions This will be a track car so no problem with that...

PD: How do you know Im from PR?

·
Premium Member
2001 A.W. L
13,249 Posts
<-moderator
I can see your IP ;)

you will still need the wiring harness, just not the ECU. Haltech does make some plug and play harnesses. I know I have one for the V3 STI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.