Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Alright so not trying to sound dumb here, just trying to understand these.
I'm still a little new to this stuff so bear with me please, I'm looking for stuff for my upcoming swap.

So the point behind these to offer a variety of different fuel injectors for your intake?
To make it easier to swap from one injector to the next?
The point of these is to offer flexibility for changing components with minimal costs and to provide enough overhead for long term power gains. Say you have a '99 Manifold but plan to swap to an STI engine/manifold. No need to buy new fuel rails with these- just a new bracket and perhaps a few new fittings if you want to increase overall flow capacity.

The other bonus item with these is that when changing to a different style injector (say Bosch style high flow), there is no need for a spacer to make up for the shorter length of the injector. All in all- these are just a flexible upgrade that can be easily adapted for a variety of setups and needs!

·
Registered
2000 Impreza (Awaiting Swap)
762 Posts
The point of these is to offer flexibility for changing components with minimal costs and to provide enough overhead for long term power gains. Say you have a '99 Manifold but plan to swap to an STI engine/manifold. No need to buy new fuel rails with these- just a new bracket and perhaps a few new fittings if you want to increase overall flow capacity.

The other bonus item with these is that when changing to a different style injector (say Bosch style high flow), there is no need for a spacer to make up for the shorter length of the injector. All in all- these are just a flexible upgrade that can be easily adapted for a variety of setups and needs!
Ahh i see thank you for clarifying that up! I appreciate it!
Ill plan on buying a set sometime soon here!

·
Premium Member
MY98 2.5RS Coupe Brilliant Red
880 Posts
Joe at ASF Machine has his beast of a GC on the dyno! These fuel rails are working like a charm!

Check it out! ASF Impreza L Dyno Testing - YouTube
Build thread: http://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t139456-evi-l-grocery-hauler-eater-c6s-budget.html
Joe does excellent work, ported, polished and did a valve job on my heads, spoke directly with Delta who provided a special DOHC grind that did not require adding material to the lobes. A+ work and definitely worth the business. Glad to see he is doing well and that car looks like a monster.

That said, back on topic, I'll be looking these up in the coming months. I'd like to do the series ==> parallel fuel delivery mod, and fix the routing of my fuel hard lines that the cage messed up. This pretty much means that stainless steel lines and -AN fittings will be in order. These fuel rails will be just the thing I'll need to make installation easier.

Thank you for providing a part that us old junker mobiles can use. Everything is provided for the WRX and STi this day and age. Finding parts to replace ailing *counts on fingers* 14 year old OEM parts is awesome.

·
Registered
Red 2007 BMW Z4 M-Coupe
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Trying to gauge interest in a complete fuel system that bolts to the OEM manifold. Either pre-bent stainless/aluminum hard pipes or Kevlar/Nomex -AN setup?

·
Registered
2001 Impreza 2.5RS
321 Posts
i worked at a subaru performance shop for about a year, and we mostly installed Agency Power rails. obviously, they were a cinch to install with the manifold off the engine but installing/uninstalling injectors in car was a nightmare! i like this idea of just loosening these adjusting screws and lifting the rail right up. awesome! this will be a future buy for me.

101 - 113 of 113 Posts