Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mods,

I just had a couple questions about my account being closed.

1. What does it take to reinstate my account once it is closed?

2. Once my account is closed, what will I have access to? I know I cant "do" anything, but will I have access to view my Private Messages etc?

3. Will I be refunded for my Premium account membership?

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Send Kevin a message directly, if you havent already. Include a response to what he already messaged you.
Originally Posted by Kevin
Another member reported one of your threads, alerting the moderator team that you may be engaged in vending.

The moderator team investigated and determined that your activity on the site over the past few months is to buy/sell for profit on a consistent basis, which is against the site rules for member accounts:
http://www.rs25.com/forums/search.ph...&starteronly=1

After some discussion with the team, I am extending you two options.

You may either upgrade your account to vendor status or you may upgrade your account to power seller, which is mainly reserved for those (like yourself) who are buying/selling used parts for profit. The benefit of the vendor account is that you would receive home page exposure for your advertisements, generating more exposure and demand for your products.

Here is the link to change the status of your account:
http://www.rs25.com/forums/payments.php

This notice is to give you a 24 hour grace period to make the decision. If no action is taken, the account will be closed.

If you have any questions, please do not reply to this email but start a private support thread.

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Your account was flagged because you were vending against the rules.

If you want to continue to sell in the manner that you have then you may:
1) Become a vendor
2) Become a power seller

If you don't want your account closed and you are not interested in those options, then you would just need to pay the cost of the power seller account for the period you were vending.

If your account is closed, you will not be able to respond to PMs.

Since you violated the site's rules, you wouldn't be entitled to a refund. I may consider doing some research and looking at whether you went premium to enable your violation of the rules, or whether you went premium for other reasons. If the latter, then I would likely be willing to provide a prorated refund even though you are not technically entitled to one.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
It is 2014 so I Am going to approach this from a different angle. Rather than taking a hard edge, your account can remain open but you must agree to refrain from vending again on the site without the proper status. Keep us informed of your classified activities before you post and I will let this go as an infraction in spite of everything.

Happy New Year!

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Looks like you are posting in the classifieds again and I had requested that you keep us posted. See above.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
More than a dozen ads in a week is activity that is in line with vending. Power seller is for the occasional pursuit of profit, but your activity looks like it is vending. How many more new threads can we expect this month?

·
Registered
Subaru
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have posted ads for most of my parts I have accumulated in the past couple months. There shouldnt be many new ads posted this month.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Will you be selling more parts after that?

Also, you should update your signature. When you link to search results, they expire after a certain period of time. if you want to link to threads you created, copy the hyperlink in your profile (don't click it and copy) but right click and copy hyperlink. I can help if that doesn't work.

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
No offense, but I think you really need to be a vendor. The number of ads you have posted just this far is enough in my opinion that at least for this month you will need to have a vendor account.

I am going to cancel your power seller subscription and you will have 24 hours after that to upgrade to a vendor account before any action would need to be taken. If you don't upgrade in that time period, the threads will be closed and the account access will be limited. That just happens when someone is on the level you are on when pursuing profit.

·
Registered
Subaru
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm just curious what the point of even having a "power seller" option is?
I do not have a formal business, yes I am selling used parts for a profit. That is the definition of a power seller. The power seller does not have any advertising, which if I wanted that and was a legitimate business I would be wanting to pay for.
I'm also curious as how you determine the profit?
and what is the line between a power seller/vendor?

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
Frequency of new threads, type of items, and how close the seller's sales efforts reflect that of other vendors selling similar items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Subaru
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I wasn't able to sell anything for awhile so yes, I did build up a supply of parts because I couldnt sell anything. Not sure how the type of products I am selling matters at all, "Used parts" under the title of "power seller". I'm still unclear of how my sales efforts reflect others.

Sorry if I am a little confused. It seems your tone has changed completely since last posting.

I was suspected of vending before, You gave me the option of vending or power selling. I choose power selling but now thats not an available option?

·
Premium Member
3,818 Posts
19 Products in a short time
Overwhelming Majority JDM
Multiple sets of the same product

This is not up for negotiation. Either you can decide to use vendor status or not. You have been a bit dodgy about your activity. On the hand you could be transparent and tell us what you have remaining to sell and I MAY consider it. Remember, you wrote "I have posted ads for most of my parts I have accumulated in the past couple months."

Or you could just become a vendor if you plan to continue to sell used JDM parts.

·
Registered
Subaru
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm really not trying to negotiate, just looking for a fair and honest answer to your reasoning and what was the point of even offering me the option of a power seller?

Besides what I have posted I have a set of doors(had them for almost a year), another steering wheel which I might or might not sell and a set of brakes.

You need to clear things up for power sellers. (No selling of multiple sets, No selling majority of one type of item)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts