Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2005 RS
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I have upgraded is really a catback and a CAI; does anyone have an idea of how much more power/gains I can get?

Also, I know that these are discontinued; so If i do manage to get one, are they reliable/long lasting?

Thanks for the input guys

·
Registered
2012 Audi S4
1,954 Posts
well knowing what crawford can do with an ECU tune, with no mods i think 5-10hp/5-10tq can be made by just tweaking the maps and tuning the car for 91.

the next step would be to have some sort of cat system installed and any aftermarket headers. here you can see 10-15hp and tq, but a HFC needs to be installed without one your still looking at 5-10hp/tq range. again this is all from what crawford can offer, im sure cobb is in the same area +/- a few hp/tq.

cant really comment on the reliability though. two friends have them (350z and evo X) and after the basic tune plus leaning any new mods its not really used. ive heard cobb is really good about it though if something does happen to their units, they stand behind thier product.

·
Registered
07 2.5i
1,189 Posts
will do btw how much will this help? and is it pricey?
It will help way more than some off the shelf base tunes. This will be custom to your car and your liking. You have much more input in the tune. It'll probably be cheaper than the ap which usually sells for ~$400. Opensource tune may cost anywhere from $250-500 depending on tuner/dyno time etc.

If you have the option to go opensource, take it.

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
sounds like what you should do is sell your RS and buy a WRX... dont expect much from tuning your RS. maybe 15hp max, on 91/92 fuel. but if you are expecting 200hp (or more...?) then you should get a wrx
Well this is a bit hard line... I have 165-170 WHP translating to about 215hp crank. My car is 'bolt ons', with PP6 tune and 2000 cams. So you can go N/A and get WRX (OEM) horsepower!

And, I enjoy the N/A instant power delivery more then the 2.0 WRX anyday of the week, that is all.

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
E:

When I wrote that post the 1st time... I didn't say 2.0 WRX. Big difference in drivabilty with a 2.5 WRX, therefore had to 'correct' my false statement! LOL

·
Registered
2005 RS
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cams is probably the only thing i have left that i truly want to upgrade....maybe intake manifold, so with my exhaust,CAI,cams and the tune i should get atleast 200 crank? also....where can i get some nice cams/intake manifold? :D

Btw you guys are awesome, love the input/ideas!

·
Registered
2005 RSC
1,131 Posts
Cams is probably the only thing i have left that i truly want to upgrade....maybe intake manifold, so with my exhaust,CAI,cams and the tune i should get atleast 200 crank? also....where can i get some nice cams/intake manifold? :D

Btw you guys are awesome, love the input/ideas!
Cams from Delta; your intake manifold is fine. It's one of the highest flowing ones Subaru produced.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.