Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2000 Subaru Impreza RS coupe -
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wrecking in a C5 Vette at 105 miles per hour isn't as much fun as it might sound at first. I experienced this tonight as a passenger.
These are the visual results. The not so noticeable results are the way my back is killing me with every minor movement. This will keep me in pain for sometime, and out of any sports.

The story: Take vette out, push it to 105. Noticeable turn. Driver isn't slowing down. I let out the common last words, "oh shit!" and our tail end proceeds to swing out; counter-steer; slide off road down small grassy embankment.; slide up other sloping piece; driver side hits lightpole; corvette spins around and slams us inbetween two trees. We were both knocked unconscious for a few seconds, and noticed we couldn't breathe, so we sat there and moaned a bit. Stuck in car, doors won't open. Friend following us has to rip open the doors to pull us out. I bled all over the place as you can see, and my back got fucked up. Driver, last time I checked, had neck pain and wasn't thinking very clearly.

Wow, what a night. I don't know what the hell we were thinking, but I'm a bit more cautious and wise about everything, because we are damn lucky we came out of that one alive. The last reading the driver said he saw on the speedo was 105. Fucking insane. With all the pain I am in, and with all the pain the driver is in and having to pay for a completely new car and higher insurance and everything, we are so damn lucky that is what we came out with.

I'm heading back to the spot tomorrow with my digi-cam to get some photos of the scene. We tore up the grass pretty good, so there should be some good shots. Here is a picture of me right now how I looked after the wreck.

Remember, you are only invincible as long as you are alive.

Attachments

·
Registered
613 Posts
holy crap. why why why were you both doing 105? awd wouldn't have saved your asses at 105. did he not know the road? did you suck an airbag? and all the other requisite questions. you are a lucky pup.

·
Registered
1997 Subaru Impreza L Sedan 2.
650 Posts
poor bastid! glad you guys made it out okay...well...in one piece :D

Word.™

-Milan

P.S. Nice hat!

·
Registered
2001 Impreza RS BRP
1,359 Posts
Glad you weren't seriously hurt...someone was looking after you!!

Sounds like a really bad accident...Sorry dude.

:(

Silver 2K RS Coupe
1,864 Posts
I also think when somthing like that happens, it's a warning, and somthing is deffinately watching out for you.
Having had some serious slideways high speed accidents, (never at 105 though) I know it is a humbling experience. Looking around after somthing like that and thinking "I could have been removed from this world and not see what I'm seeing right now" really quenches you in your own mortality. It's easy to take things like your own vision for granted until you see death so close. Hope the pain gets better soon, Z. :(

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses guys. Here are some pictures of the scene where it happened. I wlil try and post of the pictures of the Vette once the film is developed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a few more pictures of just miscellaneous stuff, but for the most part that is it. I keep thinking of all the ways that we could have wrecked from the way the scene was set out, and I think we did it in the most graceful manor possible. Wow, we are lucky. This could have been much worse...

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
5252 said:
holy crap. why why why were you both doing 105? awd wouldn't have saved your asses at 105. did he not know the road? did you suck an airbag? and all the other requisite questions. you are a lucky pup.
Airbags deployed, but I don't think it was really necessary, the direction of the force wasn't at that angle. We were both wearing our seatbelts. But right before we went out, the driver was having problems with his seatbelt, so said fuck it and didn't put it on, but I made him stop and put it on. I am pretty glad I made him do that.

·
Registered
1999 2.5 RS Silver
333 Posts
:eek: Glad you are okay. Lucky you told you're friend to put on his seat belt. Things could be worse.

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
you two are very very lucky! glad you two are ok with only some injuries.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And just for the hell of more eye candy...

I noticed this just now. I still have dried blood on my hand and cell phone. The phone was the first thing I went for after the wreck, so it's all bloody too. Haha, this wreck will be with me for quite awhile. I keep finding it in places.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
glad you're alive man, but DAYAM!!!

Tire grooves turning into a forest... Those pics were full on straight outta the Thousand Lakes Rally/Rally of Finland!!!

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
Well, glad to hear you are OK, but I have to say that your friend who was driving is a fucking moron, and if he keeps up like this, he will undoubtedly take himself out of the gene pool very soon. Doing 100+ on a narrow residential road is one of the most idiotic things I have ever heard of, and (I know this sounds mean) I hope you friend has many years of pain and suffering for being that stupid and inconsiderate of other peoples lives and property. Next time he wants to drive that fast, tell him to find a straight strech of highway, not someones neighborhood. Here ends the rant.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Wow! Glad to see that you are ok, you both are very, very lucky to be alive. I have to agree with what HondaH8er said but would like to add that if he does want to drive that fast again make sure that he is the only one in the car and not carlessley endangering anyone else. Hope you feel better soon

1 - 20 of 28 Posts