Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
really? I looked...i guess I overlooked it. Yep, banned!!

·
The Silverback Mod
05 Black OBS
8,896 Posts
That happened to me 10 minutes after I picked up a new Honda Accord from the dealer in Hollywood (many years ago). I was at a light, stuck in traffic and some PCP freak just flipped out that was crossing the street and started hitting my car (every body panel and broke out ALL the windows) with a lug wrench. Just completely random ~ I had nothing to fight back with (handgun?) and no place to go (car in front and behind).

When it was over, I drove back to the dealer and walked in to get the manager. I said, "Doesn't anyone check your cars out before you deliver them?" Then walked him out to the car. He was in complete shock.. this was less then a 1/2 hour after I left in a mint car!

Insurance repaired the car. I sold it and bought another one a month later! :devil:

·
Registered
2000 Imp 5 door Sport
6,269 Posts
012.5RS said:
thats what .45cal hollow points are for. :)
agreed here in 3 months i will get me consealed wepons permit and there will probly be a 9mm or 45 under the driver seat at all times

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
SleepySubie said:
agreed here in 3 months i will get me consealed wepons permit and there will probly be a 9mm or 45 under the driver seat at all times

me too. Actually I am lookin at buying 2 or 3. One for my car, one for my fiance(soon to be wife) and our house.

·
Registered
194 Posts
yeah, carry a big fucking chainsaw in the trunk so you can go zombie-killer style on his ass. mutherfucker won't have any arms to swing that tire iron

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SCOOBIEdoo said:
maybe guns are not the answer. especially coming from a guy that has a VT memorial as an avatar. just a thought.
so you think everyone who owns guns or wants to own a gun could possibly do something like that? :rolleyes: give me a break dude.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Ridgeline
188 Posts
WCUimprezars said:
so you think everyone who owns guns or wants to own a gun could possibly do something like that? :rolleyes: give me a break dude.
yep you got me i think everyone that has a gun will kill a bunch of people :stupid: but maybe having a gun tucked neatly under the seat and in the house and with the wifey and for the kids to protect them when they walk home and the cat to protect it from the dog and the dog to use on burglers and the mail man to protect himself from the dog and maybe i need one to protect me from everyone else who thinks protection means guns :loser:

guns are final and some crackhead beating up my car doesnt give me the right to kill someone. no car is worth killing someone.

and i was saying a person with a memorial to victims of a gun related tragedy should maybe not endorse gun use

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SCOOBIEdoo said:
yep you got me i think everyone that has a gun will kill a bunch of people :stupid: but maybe having a gun tucked neatly under the seat and in the house and with the wifey and for the kids to protect them when they walk home and the cat to protect it from the dog and the dog to use on burglers and the mail man to protect himself from the dog and maybe i need one to protect me from everyone else who thinks protection means guns :loser:

guns are final and some crackhead beating up my car doesnt give me the right to kill someone. no car is worth killing someone.
You do realize the title was meant as an attention grabber right? But the dude did deserve to be "accidentally" run over. So let me ask you a question: a dude breaks in to your house with a gun, and you dont have one...what do you do? Ask him nicely to leave you alone?...please. Guns for most people are meant for protection and sport. It's our guaranteed right to won them so why are you so against them? Be against the people using them in ways they are not intended to be used.

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,637 Posts
I would have run his ass over. Plain and simple. He's using a weapon, car is a weapon ... done deal.

·
Registered
2007 Honda Ridgeline
188 Posts
okay i completely agree that the crack head deserved something. but no i will not agree that guns are an answer to anything becasue i am from the school of thought that if the guy breaking in to my house had no gun i wouldnt need one, so id rather be rid of all of them. if the guy wants to kill me then that sucks and ill kiss my ass goodbye but for the most part those who have guns in their home for protection usually dont train with them or learn to properly use them or maintain them. to also add insult to pssible death most of the time the people end up shooting a family member in their own home and rarely ever use it on an intruder.

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bingo! [sarcasm]But self defense is bad[/sarcasm]

edit: i was referring to James' post.

·
DWAFTW
03 Silver WRX Wagon
10,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SCOOBIEdoo said:
okay i completely agree that the crack head deserved something. but no i will not agree that guns are an answer to anything becasue i am from the school of thought that if the guy breaking in to my house had no gun i wouldnt need one, so id rather be rid of all of them. if the guy wants to kill me then that sucks and ill kiss my ass goodbye but for the most part those who have guns in their home for protection usually dont train with them or learn to properly use them or maintain them. to also add insult to pssible death most of the time the people end up shooting a family member in their own home and rarely ever use it on an intruder.
your logic is horribly misconstrued. So instead of owning a gun to possibly protect you from an intruder who wants to do harm to you, you would rather die from his gun than defend yourself? And law says if someone breaks into your house with no gun, then you shooting him is not self defense. But I am talkin about someone breaking in your house with a gun. Why in the world would you not want a gun just to be safe?

Real bright chap we got here!

Guns arent an answer for everything, but by God if it's the best form of protection and deterrent in this day we live in.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts