Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
07 2.5i Wagon
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
It's official, the Blue 07 2.5i Wagon has been purchased and I took it home for the weekend!

It's snowing AGAIN in Montreal so I'll post some pictures and stuff later tonight or tomorrow!

This is the beginning of a new journey with a new Scooby <3

STAY TUNED!!!

·
Registered
07 2.5i Wagon
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
The new baby!

I almost forgot you guys!

The car was at the shop getting a few things transfered over from my old car, so here is what she looks like (still in winter mode btw)

I transfered over the gold wheels and my Kenwood radio, but that's pretty much it so far :) ...oh and I got rid of the trailer hitch in the back, thank god!

The ride is nice and I'm getting used to the manual transmission. I still stall in reverse every once in a while but I'm getting used to it. I can already say it's MUCH more fun than automatic! It's like a game I'm constantly playing while I'm driving, rewarding myself each time I make it somewhere lol

Not sure what my first mod will be... although I'm looking at coilover suspensions at the moment...

STAY TUNED!

·
Registered
07 2.5i Wagon
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Getting all the dents removed on the car, plus getting it completely buffed today :) excited to see her all prim and proper!

·
Registered
07 2.5i Wagon
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Haha yea exactly!

HIDs came in today!! Now just waiting on my flashers bulbs, marker bulbs, high beams and plate bulbs so that I can install them all together :)

STAY TUNED!!!!

·
Registered
07 2.5i Wagon
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
UPDATE: HIDs, Flashers, Mags and Exhaust!

Hey guys, it's been a little while! I got some new parts in and got some of them installed :)

First off, I got my HID kit in, as well as my Flasher bulbs

I opted for the 6000k..

I got white flasher bulbs for a cleaner look...

I'm still waiting on the yellow high beams and the marker bulbs to arrive before I install them.. I figured I would do it all in one shot :)

Next, I bought an OEM 05 STI axleback off a guy near my house for 100$, which I think is a pretty sweet deal! Looked really clean and I didn't have to travel very far. Cost me another 13$ at my local Subaru dealership for the bolts, nuts and gasket (all OEM, I figured I would play it safe). So grand total of 113$ for the exhaust :)

I installed it with my grandfather a couple of days ago. It took some hammering, blowtorching and muscle to get the rusted up bolts that were connecting the stock exhaust to the midpipe off... but we did it :)

After that, the instillation was quite smooth. Looks great and gives a bit of a deeper sound which is nice. Only thing is that it rattles slightly (on and off) at idle (which I was expecting because after I bought the exhaust, I noticed that something was loose inside and was making a noise :curse:). To be honest, It really doesn't bother me... doesn't by any means sound like the muffler needs replacing or its completely finished or anything... Looks great, sounds good, I'm happy lol

I also got my Enkei Imola wheel repainted. I was originally contemplating repainting them all bronze, but I decided to just keep the original color and have the single damage wheel repaired. Cost me 150$ tax in.

However, my proudest moment was installing my wheels myself. I had a mechanic at work show me how to do it with one of the tires, then he left me alone to do the other 3. I took the winters off, mounted the summers, torked the bolts to 80 lbs, and we were clear for take off!

Here is the finished product as she sits right now :clap:

And a nice shot of the exhaust... I was really going for the look to be honest. The stock pee shooter was making me sad!!!

And that's it for now!!! STAY TUNED!!

·
Registered
07 2.5i Wagon
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Finally, all of my lights are in!!

VVME 55w 6000k Ultra Slim HID System
Sylvania 7440 White Flasher Bulbs
Hella Optilux Extreme Yellow XY High Beam Bulbs
LED marker bulbs
LED plate bulbs

Will be installing them soon! :D

STAY TUNED!!!

·
Registered
07 2.5i Wagon
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Hey guys, quick question...

My shifter leaver feels a bit loose (theres a decent amount of play when its in gear) and it rattles at higher RPM (above 3500). Does anyone know what this can be?

·
Registered
2004 2.5rs-pacifica blue pearl
425 Posts
Not sure. I'm no expert but I've seen that before on other cars. I saw this in my buddies YJ (wrangler) last night.

My best guess would be worn out bushings or something.
I wouldn't stress it too much

·
Registered
1999 Impreza 2.5rs.
532 Posts
Yeah, my RS did that before I swapped the tranny. It was in gear but felt like it was in neutral. I could move the stick from side to side very easily. No worry though, It will not affect anything. I do believe it is a worn bushing. It's just annoying.

·
Registered
2004 2.5rs-pacifica blue pearl
425 Posts
Yea my buddy was troubleshooting his YJ and asked me to start it and says just make sure its not in gear. I hope in move stick side to side start it up with the clutch in and slowly start letting the clutch out and I could feel it wanting to move forward I was mind blown lol

I wouldn't stress it too much man

·
Registered
07 2.5i Wagon
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
4 years in the making!

Well after about 4 years, I finally remembered that this thread exists, and I'm stoked to provide an update on the old girl!

I have been away from home for university and I'm graduating at the end if this week. School is about 6-7 hours away from home, and the old girl has been my road trip companion from beginning to end.

She now has 226,000km on the odometer and still purrs like a kitten. I'm now 23 years old and have gotten a little bit more handy over the years (with some help from the internet, my friends, and some "denial and error"), so the modification list has grown considerably.... but before we get to that, this is how she currently sits:

[/url]IMG_6763 by Ty Celli, on Flickr[/IMG]
[/url]IMG_6756 by Ty Celli, on Flickr[/IMG]

The awesome photos curtesy of my buddy "Ty Celli Photography".... always comes through to make the old girl look mint!

I'm very happy with how she looks (and drives)... It's been 4 years in the making, and there's only more to come!

Modification list is as follows:

Mechanical/Performance:
- Neetronics 91 Octane Dyno Tune
- Tein Street Basis Coilover suspension
- Stromung Single-Tip Axleback exhaust
- Kartboy Short Shifter
- Kartboy Front and Rear Shifter bushings
- Group-N engine mounts
- Perrin Pitch Stop mount
- Group-N transmission mount
- TiC Rear Differential bushings
- Kartboy Outrigger bushings

Interior:
- MOMO leather steering wheel (OEM+)
- Custom 4" aluminum shift knob
- Kenwood single din deck

Exterior:
- Enkei Imola 17x7 wheels
- 04/05 Tail Light swap
- Urethane Front Spoiler/Lip
- Kensun HID headlights
- Replica JDM front license plate
- WRX Trunk Wing
- JDM Rear Bumper spats

So that's everything so far.... except for some parts that I'm currently installing, but I'll post an update when that's actually done ;) stay tuned!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts