Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1846993556

Anyone think it'll work? Anyone have the balls to try it? It makes sense, the way it's explained. Hell, for $5.75, why not give it a shot? I figure the stock ECU will back it off, if you get even the slightest knock. Use some high octane gas, and try it out.

·
13 Years of RS
2005 Toyota Corolla :(
5,532 Posts
$6 for 10-20 hp makes me suspicious, and when he says it's for an ImprezZa, that makes me believe it even less. I'm not going to be the one who tries it, and it doesn't look like anyone else is, either. Now, if someone does try it, and can document improvements like this guy claims, then maybe. But I'm going turbo soon, anyways, so I'm looking for something that will retard the timing.

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, hell for $5, who cares if the HP figure is inflated. I figure you can get about 5hp more by advancing the timing, and using 93 octane. That's just a guess. I'd pay $5 to give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
95 Impreza L AWD
973 Posts
It seems logical, but I'm somewhat skeptical about those claims. I say try it for $5 and see how it works; just make sure they don't try to charge a lot for shipping a resistor!:D

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just waiting for an "I blew my engine!" thread for whoever payed the $5 for this thing...no pictures, no info, why trust this?

·
Registered
1997 Brighton 2.5
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was figuring your stock knock sensor is so sensitive from the factory, it would kick right in at the first signs of pre ignition detonation. Or, get real tricky, and buy an aftermarket knock sensor.

No one have the nuts to do this? I do, just don't have the Subaru.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts