Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
08 Obsidian Black Impreza 2.5i
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
Yesterday I was driving on highway and as soon as I hit 70mph a loud constant "WAAAAAAAHHH" noise came out of the passenger side dash. I slowed down and it went away, I sped up again and as soon as I hit 70mph the noise came back. I recently changed my oil and added some coolant about 100miles ago but I really doubt that that has anything to do with it. If anyone knows what it could be and how to fix I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

·
Loves Gravel
2001 STM 2.5RS Sedan
389 Posts
Maybe its telling you you're speeding...highest legal limit in MD is 65mph, so maybe its trying to annoy you to save you $$. Other than that, I dunno...

...seems most logical though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, I was passing another car going 60. I only sped up again to see if the noise was just a one time thing. Nothing vibrated it sound kinda like a loud vacuum. But I don't know why it would make noise at 70mph.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think it was around $100.00 at a scrap yard.. Pretty easy to get to also.. It is behind the glove box.. This may not be your problem but just a suggestion..
I think it is the problem because the noise was coming from the passenger side. Thanks for the info/help.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I switched it to recirc and it went away, so it is a problem with the blower.

If You need a blower, crazy rays in edgewood, md has a 96ish L. Prices are stupid cheap. Let me know; I might meet you up there...
That is a bit of a hike from Rockville, but when were you planning on going there?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.