Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Someone switched classes to DSP from STS at the last minute to try and swoop in on SOA's SCCA National contingency$$$. :boxer: I made him work for it though. :flame: 1.8 with Intrax springs, AGX's, 225/50/15 Hoosiers, NO rear swaybar, and LOOSE rear camber bolts! I won't mention the slipping clutch and forgetting to check the tire pressures but hey, $200 ain't all bad I guess.:eek:

Next year WILL be different...definately!:borg: :yikes: :borg:

If you can't see the pics, do a search on iclub for "wow, look at that lean!" That one is from the CenDiv championships with a borrowed set of my01 wheels and G-farce tires. I don't know why my pics aren't attatching....:rolleyes: :confused:

·
Retired Admin
Two Mini Coopers!
10,629 Posts
Here it is - you're welcome! ;)

(BTW, the reason why it did not work was because it can't be more than 640 pixels wide to post on the board. Keeps thing clean. I just resized it in Photoshop. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
found a little problem

All my pics are bigger than the limit of 640x0 set by this site.:curse: At least that's the error message I got each time I tried to attatch an image. No matter though, it's a little scoopless wonder that preys on the big bad RS's. I chuckle when I think of it with a 2.5 of it's own and still running in DSP without all the extra weight of the HD drivetrain, sound deadening and power everything. :p

Thanks for resizing it James! I'm the first to admit my limited computer saavy!

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
maybe this one will work

The lady that did this pic must've assumed I actually like the blue ridge pearl look :(

You can see the positive camber in the back from a bolt that slipped...Hmmm...Hoosiers got like a ton of grip when they sit flat to the ground.....

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I'll tell the guy I rented them from. :happynow:

I forgot to check the pressures at Topeka (with my rims/tires) because of utter stupidity, butterflies, and just newbie nerves. During the first run I felt the rear end go full positive around each corner from the camber bolts slipping. When I pulled in, I figured I'd check the pressures as well and saw that I was "way off" where I usually have them set. I left all my tools at the paddock (a looong ways away) so I just had to live with the rear end dancing till the next days runs (that never happened thanks to bin laden). That's why the subject of the whole post is a mere .076 seconds off a 98RS. That's how much the other scoobie beat me by with his big bad 2.5RS. :biggest: Yeah, he had street tires to my Hoosiers but a 1.8 just isn't supposed to be that close to an RS now, is it?

We don't know what tire we're going with next year but we're honestly looking for a shorter sidewall and 15" so we can take advandage of the torque multiplier (diameter) and higher revs of the DOHC. Put up an ad in here and/or I can post them FS on SCCAforums.com

rpone605 said:
them be some pretty 00 rs rims in the one pic ;)

:eek: you forgot to check the pressures in em?

now you gotta get ed to buy em ;)

·
Premium Member
overdeveloped beater
8,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lethargicman said:
Wow. I don't think I'll ever get used to seeing an impreza without a hood scoop! :lol: Cool pictures, man!
Thanks! If I get things worked out the way I want...not too many will see a scoop unless I tape one to the rear wing. :biggest:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts