Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
01 RS & 97 L
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am driving down in traffic and I see this guy in an altima in the lane to the right of me, he keeps leaning over, I though for the longest time he was trying to move over to get the space in front of me. At the next red light he leans way over, like practically sitting in his passenger seat.
"SICK DUDE!! SICK!! Is that a 22B?! SICK!!!"
then the light turned green I smiled and drove off
that totally made my day today, especially considering my car has not been washed like in almost a week. haha it was cool.
just thought I would share.
oh yeah the only visual mod I have on my car is the V6 wing and the fog light covers really.

·
Registered
1999 Rally Bluuuuuu
1,361 Posts
Heh, I just got the "thumbs up" from a guy on the expressway yesterday. That hadn't happened in a few years, but it was cool anyways

·
Registered
04 STi: Sold
372 Posts
Just a thought...

Anybody that knows what a 22b is, knows a 2001 RS with a v6 spoiler and foglight covers sure isn't one.

Sorta like asking a civic owner with a big aluminum rim and shiny wheels if it's type R...

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza OBS
821 Posts
Just a thought...

Anybody that knows what a 22b is, knows a 2001 RS with a v6 spoiler and foglight covers sure isn't one.

Sorta like asking a civic owner with a big aluminum rim and shiny wheels if it's type R...
I would disagree some people might just know about the 22B and associate an RS with it. I think thats pretty sweet, I like when people in STI's give me a wave or a thumbs up feels good.

·
L On Roids.
98L 2.2
1,371 Posts
I would disagree some people might just know about the 22B and associate an RS with it. I think thats pretty sweet, I like when people in STI's give me a wave or a thumbs up feels good.
You can't associate an 22B with a RS. 22B is 10x more badass then a regular RS. That's like sayin a Lancer and a EVO is the same.

·
Premium Member
97 L, 13 WRX
1,537 Posts
Every time I see a worthy car, I give them the "thumbs up." But no one ever seems to show off. If i do that I expect to see what it can do.

·
ok terrific.
'95 STi RA rep, rhd yo!
5,223 Posts
Every time I see a worthy car, I give them the "thumbs up."
Ditto, I gave a thumbs up to a guy in an NSX a couple weeks ago, the first time I saw one on the street. Made my day when he nodded back. :)

Here in SC though, the only finger I ever see sticking up is the middle one. :(

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza OBS
821 Posts
You can't associate an 22B with a RS. 22B is 10x more badass then a regular RS. That's like sayin a Lancer and a EVO is the same.
Im just saying to the non-subaru enthusiast eye they might not know. Maybe they saw it on youtube or some shit. just my opinion.

·
2.0L Turboner
94 RWD WRX & 82 EJ Brat
8,673 Posts
Just a thought...

I think you're wrong. The 22B has been exposed to the general public in video games for years and it really doesn't look all that different than a RS. To the untrained eye I can easily see people mistaking the two.

·
Registered
Acura TL-S
1,645 Posts
i was messing around with a audi R8 last weekend and when we got to a light i told him how sweet i thought his car was and the guy told me he really liked my car too...i thought to myself "yeah right, coming from a guy in a 110k car"... then he turned his baseball cap in my direction and it was a subaru hat..that made my day :D

·
\m/(-_-)\m/
03 350z for now
491 Posts
lol^
I gave a thumbs up to a dude in a L when I was driving GC8love's RS to the grocery store. I got a nod back. .. I was shocked to say the least.

·
Registered
2001 GM6 Aspen White 5MT
120 Posts
i was messing around with a audi R8 last weekend and when we got to a light i told him how sweet i thought his car was and the guy told me he really liked my car too...i thought to myself "yeah right, coming from a guy in a 110k car"... then he turned his baseball cap in my direction and it was a subaru hat..that made my day :D
That's just....just....sweet.

·
Registered
04 STi: Sold
372 Posts
I think you're wrong. The 22B has been exposed to the general public in video games for years and it really doesn't look all that different than a RS. To the untrained eye I can easily see people mistaking the two.
Possibly, I just don't see somebody getting them mixed up..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts