Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wow..........................once again.................WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :biggest: I'd like to consider this one of our first official "updates" on how things have gone at the shop. The response from what little I've done for web work has been nothing short of amazing. I am flabbergasted and almost numb to the shock on how this has taken off!

I've stated before that Performance, Development, and Manufacturing is a very small place. Joel runs the show on the floor, and does the installs, while answering phones, too. He also gets to emails when he can. Steve and Albert both weld, but don't do the installs. Joel also welds. All have many years in tuning Subarus and other vehicles, and years of depth in tuning small engines and v8's since the 70's. I'm the "runt" when it comes to that stuff ;). But, I've breathed plenty of fumes and cut my knuckles. I just happen to do web stuff, too. I also own a '00 RS with heavy n/a mods and will be highlighting more turbo and n/a build-ups in the coming months.

In the 2 months that we went online with this....There's been over 100 emails and online responses, and non-stop phone calls. We've done numerous installs and sales at a steady pace since the end of November, when the site went online. We've sold every flywheel, strut bar, exhaust, installed every proto-type, sold used parts, new parts, almost new parts, dusty parts, wrapped parts, and almost every nut and bolt we've come across!

A VERY LARGE THANK YOU is owed to RS25.com for giving us a chance to move around, get some publicity, say our piece, and get down to business. That business is making reliable, low cost, power for your Subaru vehicle of any origin. Tuning parts we sell are mostly of American origin. We are also vehement supporters of genuine STI parts. We don't readily distribute them however because we are not value added resellers. We're manufacturers and tuners of Subaru vehicles.

Manufacturing is a very different approach to this market. We don't just make one thing for your car, or get you the absolute lowest bargain price on 30 turbos we bought this month. We don't sell parts that you have to keep coming back to us for more and more support on. (READ: K.I.S.S.!) Everything here has been developed from years of experience working with Subarus and other "hot rods" from a number of different people (Ranging from Toyota, Nissan, Porche, to Chrysler, Chevy and Ford!).

There's is ONE large catch to all of this. What we do is made in the United States, by Americans. That's opposed to relying on imported parts at lower prices that you have to figure out what to do with. Even then, you have limited, expensive, and typically specialized choices. We all get lower prices because of huge amounts of imported parts. But, simplicity still has to be engineered and thought out. A trick with that is using as many stock parts as "necessary" rather than as many as "possible."

We've covered a lot of ground recently and still have more to go. This rant wouldn't be possible without places like rs25.com. The exposure and contacts have done wonders. I can't reveal too much about future plans. But, I can tell you that there are a lot of big things coming, and we're going to be around for a long time. The WRX is not the only vehicle capable of power, reliability, and yet simply a good time! Legacies, Foresters, Loyales, Brats, Outbacks, Outback Sports, L sedans...the list goes on for what applications are really available with the Subaru vehicle you already own.

PDM-USA has gone nuts thanks to recent exposure here. We're also loving every minute of it! We've managed to sell parts, develop prototypes, and now release new products! This isn't the right time for a parts plug, though. That's what the site is for ;).
Again, still, thank you to rs25.com(James!) for making a lot of this possible. Mostly by providing free (or at least low cost ;)) speech, you've provided a lot! A lot of the information collected here is being put into the website, it's just not there yet. As the webmaster, I have more computer experience that Subaru experience. I'm truely hesitant to write something I'm not positive about with this car and what we can do with it.

I can say this with assurance, pride, and a sly grin ;)...Every Subaru vehicle has a sort of "magic" associated with it in terms of it's usefulness and capability. Prowess is not always measured on the dyno or the drag strip. This is not a weak car if it is treated with care. All the trannies, engines, brakes, suspensions, etc. hold up just fine and can provide plenty of reliability. This car is quite easily modified. Your drivetrain and engine will do fine, and so will the stock ECU. You can even put low boost on a high mileage car that has been maintained, and enjoy your Subaru all over again.

What is written here has been my attempt at summing up the feedback we've gotten recently. This has been an explosion...a good one!!! We've gotten a ton of interest locally. More and more of you are coming every day! We'll try to handle this influx as best we can. We don't want to take on too much work and neglect more people for the sake of a better bottom line. We're at a crucial growth period at the moment, and planning on more growth in the very near future. The work comes in and the guys get it out as fast as can be handled under the conditions.

Again...I can't begin to describe what's happened recently. I'm considering cutting back at my full time job and devoting more time to this place. Emails I've answered are shorter than I would have liked. If you've read this far, you can probably tell that ;). There's a lot of you with a lot of questions, and there's still parts to make and tuning to do. Thankfully at the moment, there's enough of it and it looks to be increasing. We're fully aware of war on the horizon. For the "person" labeled a "consumer" we're all aware of more important things than buying performance parts.

Thanks for reading this far! Thanks for giving us the time and space, James...we look forward to bringing more products at a better value very soon.

Gary---PDM webhead
www.pdmturbos.com

·
Registered
26,087 Posts
i really really want to read it, but it is just too long. can you summerize it? seriously.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Props and shouts...

okay...

shouts to james for making part of this happen by letting us do our thing.

shouts to the subie heads for showing so much love!

props to the gearheads and power freaks who believe in this little airplane engined beast.

....and I'm considering cutting back at my full time job to help out at the shop.

It's taken of that well in just two months, and shows no sign of stopping!!!

---Short enough? ;)

Gary

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Re: Props and shouts...

PDMturbos said:
okay...

shouts to james for making part of this happen by letting us do our thing.

shouts to the subie heads for showing so much love!

props to the gearheads and power freaks who believe in this little airplane engined beast.

....and I'm considering cutting back at my full time job to help out at the shop.

It's taken of that well in just two months, and shows no sign of stopping!!!

---Short enough? ;)

Gary
Yes much better. We have whoring to do you know....

Congrats on the shop!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts