Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, just joined the sight this evening and its pretty cool so far. Merry Christmas to everyone too, its a good time of year. :) So my main question is where is a good place to take my Subi and go play in the snow in Western Washington? I live in Seattle and not sure if it will snow this year, but not sure where to go otherwise. Looking for not just a crazy logging road full of snow, although those are quite fun, but maybe a bit more of a open area, if that even exists and its not someone's field or something. Any thoughts guys?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys, still didn't find a place to go subaruing in the snow, I guess I'll look on Google maps, or something a lot less informative. Was hoping to hear from someone who has maybe been to a cool spot.... Any thoughts from my fellow Washingtonians??

·
Registered
2018 Crosstrek
97 Posts
I used to live in Bellevue, and used to terrorize pretty much any large open lot, like at a Sears or Fred Meyer. Since they were on main popular roads, I never stayed too long since I didn't want to press my luck with cops passing by or something. Now I'm in Laramie, WY, and used Google Maps to help me find a decent sized church parking lot. Lots more snow here than WA, but not nearly as many big lots to romp through.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aaahh, thanks Snowolf2, yeah, I've been checking on google "spy" maps... oh, did I say that out loud.... anyways, checking there for some good spots, I'm sure I won't have too much trouble. Wow moved to WY, thats cool, yeah lots of snow fall out west there, I'm sure your loven it now huh? Anyways, thanks for the reply man, and Happy New Year!!!!! Wwooooooo Hhoooooo! Subarruuuuuuuuuuu!!!!! :):):):):)

·
Registered
01 white GF
2,337 Posts
Not mt baker anymore. ****ing sheriff sits in the parking lot and if you get a smudge sideways will give you a wreck less driving ticket.

·
Registered
Cheap Kitchens
1,905 Posts
wtf on private property you can do whatever you want. Even if it isn't your property the cop has no legal claim against your driving only the property owner does. Any puplic property or property owned by the state stay away from but Fred Meyers doesn't care what you do in the lot after hours as long as you don't break anything, the worst they can do is ask you to leave. If just sliding around is what you want to do head to some private lots like at the mall, just keep your shennanigans off public roads and the cops can only watch but they probably will still harrass and try to intimidate you. I'm headed up to tinkham road off I-90 today to play in the snow

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah WhiteScooby, I know sheriffs up that way can be d***s about almost anything, and if the want to harass you, they will whether braking the law or not. I have been looking on MapQuest for a few locations thus far, and was seeing places off of highway 20 that look pretty tight. If there is a Freddies parking lot with snow in it up there, I'll definitely hit them up as Jo5hua suggested. :) I'll post some pictures of where I end up though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts